Sunday, May 9, 2021

"Call Me Irresistible" - May Brazos Retreat

 The May retreats have arrived and weekend one begins today.  I'm excited and sad at the same time as this is the end of "retreat season" and we have over two months before another one.  Ahhh, stop that and on with the fun.

As I drive in, this sweet mom/baby is there to greet me.  What a cutie and we must have just missed his birth since last retreat.

I am doing some purging at home and have been selling items, putting them on the swap table, and just generally trying to re-home the things I just don't have room for and don't use.  It's not that I don't love them --- it's just crazyville in my house.  

Stephanie arrives and I show her the Gazelle frame.  SOLD.  She puts it to use right away.


The day is beautiful and a trip down to the river ensues.  As we stand there, a snake floats by and starts swimming our direction.  Sherri is a magnet, I believe.



Speaking of Sherri, she has a TA-DA


Stan's old truck is outside and we are off to take a look at it.  Perhaps it will work for a group picture.


While we are out there, Stan comes along, shares stories of the truck and has us all giggling.  Using his cart (forever known as his "thing") for a step-stool, we are soon in the bed of the truck.


No, not everyone, just the crazies, lol.





Back in the house and back to pictures in focus -- Darlene has a pillow TA-DA


And a quilt to share with all.  SO beautiful.  


Paula shares her "almost finished" retreat quilt.  It's super fun.


I'm doing some stringing for the ongoing Orca Bay quilt-a-long.


Somehow this day just went poof.  I went to bed early, my daughter arrived late, and the last ladies standing posted this.  Way to go girls.


7th -  Good morning.  It's a coffee club on the porch kind of day.  Even the chickens came to say howdy.


Ramona has a TA-DA


Needing to run an errand into town (Lydia's birthday is tomorrow), Jen, Sherri and I set out and decide lunch needs to happen first.  Babe's it is and our first visit back since March of 2020.


Cindy with a TA-DA -


Today, I have made the missing blocks for my Xing quilt.  It is finally a TA-DA -


Ramona with a second TA-Da (yep, same quilt but different) -


Game night means fun all around --- With "Call Me Irresistible" as the theme, a group of us decide to be cute bunnies.  That's pretty irresistible, right?  Check out Jen.  So cute.  It's time to get this party started.  I'm sure the rest have great costumes too --- let's go see.
Stephannie and Stephanie - 


Oh Val --- Perfect.


Kay and Cindy -


Linda and Ramona - 


Sam and Darlene - 


Debi and Gwen - 


Paula and Janet - 


Sherri and Jen -


Door prize winner Darlene -- already checking it out.


Janet receives a sign and Kay takes home the quilted notebook from Val - 


A new Sapphire takes her place --- Congrats Janet.


Gwen (our little Hershey kiss) wins the fat quarters.


It's about this time that the room goes out of control.  SERIOUSLY.  It's also perfectly timed with a "what happens at retreat, stays at retreat" moment between Sherri and I.  Too much laughter.  Lydia, in the background has her own "stay at retreat" stuff going on.


Round two goes to Janet -- she's having a good night.


Lydia takes Round 3 and the games have been a riot.  Truly.


A few pictures with my cohorts before it all comes to an end.



Naturally a bunny and a kiss should go feed the chickens.


A surprise visit from a dulcimer group attending a nearby festival sets up an impromptu concert.  Ya just never know what will happen at retreat.


Little snips to enjoy.




I managed to get my triangles trimmed and cut.  No, they're not all done and likely won't be for a bit.  Motivation to sew is an issue this weekend.


Last ladies -- long after my eyes are closed.


8th - Well ---- what will today bring?  I get going first thing and have a row by row TA-DA.  This another one of those that I attempted in VA but forgot pieces.  It's now ready for applique.


Ramona with a fat quarter bag TA-DA 


The truck is the place.  We asked Stan to take pics and THIS is the best I got.  Still, his finger makes me smile. In the bed:  Cindy, Janet, Gwen, Darlene, Debi, Kay, me, Jen  Front row:  Sherri, Val, Ramona, Linda, Stephanie, Stephannie, Paula, Sam, Lydia.

Cindy with her fat quarter bag TA-DA 

OMG --- never a normal moment.





Darlene with a fat quarter bag TA-DA

Followed right up by Samantha - TA-DA

Happy Birthday time ---- Love you Lydia.

Janet's fat quarter bag TA-DA

When we worked on barn quilts in March, Jen had decided to do a wall grouping.  It's finished now -- TA-DA

Ta-Da's come in all sizes.  Ramona's Tisket Tasket bag.

Janet with a sweet pink TA-DA

For our evening entertainment ---- alarms going off constantly.  Removal took place, but only after silliness had taken over.  "Shall we pray."  Oh, and a chocolate kiss costume popping out of a closet.  Good times.

My bag TA-DA's - yep, I screwed up and don't have opposite fabrics showing.  It is what it is.

I also managed to complete the tops for my fat quarter bags.  Baby steps.

Last night picture -- I made it.  No, it's not last ladies standing, but . . . 


9th -  Sunday morning dawns.  That means the end of weekend one is imminent.  It also means not many pictures, so I thought I'd share some of the happiness around the rooms.





Due to a scheduling error on my part --- Linda does a quick tutorial on making the clothesline trivets.


The weekend was a huge success in our service project.  Look at this stack of pillowcases.  Wow!!!  With that.  The first weekend comes to an end.  On to Tweener Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment