Friday, January 15, 2021

Grassy Creek - Clue 7 (Part 1) - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt Reveal

Oh happy day!!!!  It's the REVEAL and I LOVE it!!!  I have dedicated today to working on this mystery so let's see how far I can get.  Some quick cutting and I am able to lay out the little center star block.



From that point, I go ahead and lay out the first entire block and my mind decides that matching the gold corners to the gold in the center block will be cool.


The question now is, "Am I able to do that."  Some playing around with the units shows me that it is oh so close to being good -- it just takes a few "close enough" blocks.


If you've followed me before, you know that I like to lay my blocks in stacks and web them all at once.  The small star blocks are ready to go.


Webbing, webbing, webbing, keep those pieces webbing, SEWING!!  Did you figure out the tune?  Yep, I'm a bit touched.  And old.


The first little block sewn and placed into its home.


All the little blocks!  Aren't they cute?  Now to lay out the stacks of bigger blocks.


And away I go ---


I started at 7:40 this morning and it is now 2:20 in the afternoon.  It has taken me 6 1/2 hours of constant sewing (only break was to eat lunch) but I have these --- 


My sweetie isn't off work yet and I did devote the whole day to this so . . . . moving on.  A bit more cutting and I'm ready to add parts onto parts.



Another hour and a half and I have the red units all attached to both the bricks and the geese.  Whew!! I'm calling it a day.  (Post continues)


1/15  One week later and although I am packing like crazy to leave town tonight, I am also determined to finish the pieces on this project.  I won't be able to lay it out until next month (hence the "part 1" thing) but I do want some progress still.

Retrieving the next set of parts, I'm ready to sew.


My start to finish today is less than two hours and that included laundry, breakfast, and assorted other "getting ready to leave" tasks, but  . . 


The rest of the units are done!!  I have also cleaned up the whole sewing area and vacuumed and swept.  Yep, moving girl here.


One last group photo --- smile everyone.  I'll see ya next month Grassy Creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment