Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Minding My P's and Q's Retreat - Bonnie Hunter Daybreak Class

It is COLD!!!  Day three has arrived and the weather is keeping us inside.  However, DAYBREAK (Bonnie Hunter String Frenzy book) is upon us and we are ready to rock and roll.  I've switched up the colors on this quilt a bit and am going with lavender so we shall see how that plays out.  A couple morning pictures and it's time to start.




Yep, having a great time.


Demos are for four-patches once again.  If you were here yesterday, it's a repeat.


Smile!!!


I'm cranking out strip sets like crazy and soon have enough four patches made to start a layout.  Our second step is to make square in a squares with additional triangles.  YES, I've let down on the picture taking a bit.  I'm sorry.


We have moved to the kitchen for demos ---- still bad lighting.


Lunch time followed by Show and Share.  Today I am sharing my Nifty Thrifty quilts.  I love showing how a simple sashing can alter the entire look.  Thank you, Bonnie, for the picture.


Now for some strings.  Can I get some sashings complete to go with the blocks I have cranked out.  I'd love to see how four of these will work together.  Oh, a side note ---- this is the hardest block we've done so far.  Lining up those four-patch units with the points matching is challenging to say the least.  You have got to have the right size square in a square or everything falls apart.  See my blocks in the background on this picture?  Yes, that entire mess is mine.  I don't have anyone sitting next to me today and I've taken over both tables.


Well, here is my mock- up of four blocks with sashing.

I think I like the lavender.

These may not happen as quick as yesterday's blocks, but they will get done.  (Thank you, Lana, for the picture.)

Dinner is a walking trip to Texas Roadhouse.  It took us all of 5 minutes to get there.  Not even.  Fun times and great new memories.  Thank you Lana, Carri, Becky, and Terrie for sharing your evening with me.  (I did take a second picture so that Lana's head wasn't cut off, but I blurred it --- my apologies.)  See ya'll next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment