Monday, October 15, 2018

Clifton and Waxahachie - Antiques, Diana Buckley, and Common Threads

Mister and I are running around the Texas countryside for the weekend and have stopped in at a few places that may interest y'all. 

Here are a few "fun" items spotted at an antique shop in Clifton: (Sherri -- these Pez items were super cheap) and who knew that there was a Bosque Root Beer?


When did Harry Potter become an antique?  My goodness, I am getting old.




Sherri, Stephannie, Stephanie, Ana, and whoever else loves sock monkeys or dachshunds.

A book shelf loaded down with quilt books.  Now, if we didn't have one at Brazos that is incredibly full, I would have considered adding a few to it.  However, our library is overflowing there and I haven't convinced the owners to give us a second shelf at this point in time.  Do you see a gem there that you have been itching to obtain?


For my Red Hat friends --- even little alcoves of red and purple fun were found.


How about a little quilted tote?  It's actually painted/printed onto the tin.


While in Waxahachie, we stopped in at Seldom Seen Quilting to say howdy to Diana Buckley and zI was able to see her incredible, beyond postage stamp quilt.  Each block has 64 squares that finished at 3/4".  Oh my.  It is indeed wonderful


We had a great visit and she also shared this "tie" quilt that she won a red ribbon on.  The background is made from the insides of the ties.  Fun, fun, fun.  If you are interested in stopping by, Diana will be happy to teach you how to operate one of the three long arms in her shop and you can then rent time whenever you have a project to finish.  It's hidden away at the back of the antique shop, so look it up ahead of time.  It is not a retail shop --- just cutting, piecing, and long arm services.

Directly across the street is Common Threads Quilting and it's a delightful little shop and I always love to stop in while in town -- for me that means at least once a year during Anniversary Week.  Walk around with me and see what you think of this fun, color-filled, retail-therapy stop.






Well, that's it for now -- until my next share -- have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! My favorite quilt shop is Common Threads and I have been to Seldom Seen Quilting once, very nice! Have kids in Flower Mound, and need to check out the antique shop next time I'm there. Clifton is also home to kids and I love antiquing there. Small World isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is and nice to know I am not alone in the places I love.

      Delete