Thursday, May 10, 2018

May Tweeners - Brazos House

I am up in Utah for the beginning of Tweener Time but my faithful friends have sent me pics to tide me over.  Tweeners are those who stay "between" the retreats (for an additional fee) and just hang out.  It's relaxing, book reading, quiet sewing, lazy time for most of us.  Several have to work from here, though, so we keep it pretty quiet during the day.

6th -  Lots of TA-DA's for today.

Linda




Paula


Debi - Before and After Type Pictures


Maria


Frieda - project bag.  I WILL be making one of these.


Gwen


Maria - Two in one day --- WOW


Debi K - I'd know those socks anywhere


A little roaming around the yard and some new chicks.


And I missed Val cooking dinner.  They sent pictures as proof -- too funny.



Night Ladies -- I will see you tomorrow.


7th -  With the magic that I call flying, I am back at retreat by 2:00 in the afternoon.  Do you want to see what I did?  Well, here's your LINK.  The house is pretty quiet but a few pictures manage to be taken.

Ramona with a TA-DA


I am showing Debi and Lydia how to make the rain capes from last month.  These are just too dang cute.

And an early good night from us here at Brazos.  See ya in the a.m.

8th -  I spot this top for a fidget quilt laying on the sofa.  It's super cute and reminds me that I had wanted to do these this weekend, but still am just not feeling well at all.  Ugh.  I WILL commit an entire retreat to them in the fall.


Gathering at the small table for morning talk -- pure delight.


Now to get out and stretch those legs.  I've been told that they are building a new platform down at the river and must go check it out.  Oooo, this will be a great viewing area. I can already see a chair and a cold drink.

A stop near the goats on the way up finds all four littles along with no mama's in sight.  Hmmmm.


Lydia Rain Cape TA-DA

Debi makes her first fabric covered button to squeals of delight.  I remember the same feeling but about 45 years ago --- hahahaha

And the final TA-DA of the evening.  Lydia with twin quilt tops.  She is on a roll today.  Love them.


Night once again.  We have one more day left before a new group arrives.


9th -  Good morning and Oh my --- check out Frieda's TA-DA -- I am in awe.  It turns out that the upper right corner is in backwards and she fixes that, but dang -- circles!!!  I don't do circles.


Close-ups


Ramona with a Christmas TA-DA


And back to the river we go.  It's a beautiful day out there -- why spend it all in the house?






These rocks were found just like this.  That is until one of us knocked them over - and no one will admit to it.


My feeble attempt to get us all in a picture.  Fail.


However, Debi comes through.


And the return trip up the hill.  We've got this.



Back at the house --- the rain capes are all finished and displayed in such a cute manner.  Love them so much and there are quiet a few of these around now.

Ramona TA-DA

Followed shortly thereafter by Maria with her beach exchange TA-DA.  Hmmm -- my blocks are STILL in the project box.


Paula with a TA-DA


And it's good night from the Tweeners.  We don't document much of our days during this time -- I'm sorry but it's a break for me too.


10th - We have just a few hours before the next group arrives.  The house is ready, we are all showered, breakfast is over, and it's a little calm before the storm.


Rocky has her TA-DA


Maria with a TA-DA too -- this is a UFO finish she sat outside binding.


Lydia with a couple more TA-DA's --- I need to hold the camera still and slow down.  Ramona with a bag TA-DA.


Some great plans were made during this Tweener time.  I can't disclose the details yet, but it's clear we are very happy about it.



Flowers are delivered to me and my area is now all bright and cheery.  I do love these weekends at retreat and I get to celebrate my birthday the first one and Mother's Day the second.  That means I ALWAYS get flowers and I love them so much.

Ana is the first to arrive and we request that she take our Tweener picture outside at the wagon.  It's perfect and I love it.  She takes quite a few but I only save two -- Debi misbehaving


And the good one.  Much, much love to these women.  Back row:  Gwen, Rocky, Frieda, Val, Debi, Maria.  Front row:  Yours truly, Paula, Linda, Lydia, and Ramona.  Amazing women to surround yourself with.

No comments:

Post a Comment