Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Nifty Thrifty by Bonnie Hunter - Quilt-A-Long- Week Two

We are doing a Nifty Thrifty Quilt-A-Long.  The pattern can be found in Bonnie Hunter's Scraps and Shirttails book at quiltville.com.  The picture at the left is hers as well.

It's week two and in all fairness, I have to confess that I completed this step while at retreat this month.  It happened while I put the first Nifty Thrifty together and I simply used these strips as my leader/enders.  What that means is that I left retreat with this stack of strips all ready to subcut.  Today I will tackle that part of this clue.



With the sewing behind me (and in all fairness, the squares and bricks as well since this is my UFO project) I set to making my subcuts.  I stack my strips 4 deep and make the cuts.  I know, I know -- for some of you that doesn't work well.  I never seem to have any slipping, so I merrily go about it until I have an issue.


It goes quick and I am only short on three strips - two of which I have an extra strip handy because I just knew that would happen.  The third?  Well I can't answer that.  I have no idea why I don't have a strip saved.  What to do?  What to do?  Off to the studio I go in search of a solution.  I take down one of the shirt scraps tubs and guess what?  I have some sitting right on top -- well not quite but seriously only a minute of looking gets it.  Three quick seams, a press, and some cuts.  I'm done!

I have a crazy week coming up, so it's good that I'm caught up.  See ya next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment