Saturday, May 2, 2015

Old Tobacco Road - Clue 3 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

I am at retreat and just posted Clue 3.  I guess that means keep on sewing, right?  This step is truly simple in its entirety.  We are joining our 4-patches and pinwheels together.  I sit down and start chaining away.  It is only AFTER I have started to add the third piece that I realize that the direction of the 4-patch mattered.  Really?  Oh my, that is only 88 seams to take apart.  Here we go.  I get lucky now and then and have them sewn correctly.  After awhile, Ana Earl takes pity on me, gets a couple glasses of wine and her seam ripper then leads me to the swing on the porch to visit and rip out seams.  Now, that's what I call going above and beyond.  We have a great visit and I am able to come back in later and finish putting these units together.  Yay!  Onto Clue 4

No comments:

Post a Comment