Saturday, May 2, 2015

Old Tobacco Road - Clue 2 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

Pinwheels!  Lots and lots of pinwheels.  I am heading for retreat so take the time to kit up the rest of this quilt.  Oh yeah baby!  The process takes a bit of time as I need to make sure I have enough of each color cut for the pinwheels, but the task is soon complete and I am ready to pack it for retreat.




As I am working, I notice that I have forgotten a piece that was supposed to be made on the last clue and spot another one in this clue that only requires a few pieces.  Taking a few precious moments, I put together these wonderful little triangles -- some split four patch and some split pinwheels.  Now, it's time to head to retreat.


I have been at retreat since April 30 and am finally getting around to getting this clue finished.   I tackle the pinwheels by doing all the HST's and then working them into same color pinwheels.  My small design wall that I made earlier in the week comes in handy now.  I'm lovin' it.  These little sweeties go together so easily -- seams get spun -- and I am one clue closer to having an Old Tobacco Road quilt.  Aren't these just oh so cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment