Sunday, April 10, 2022

Brazos House Retreat - Piecing (Peace-ing) It All Together

 April retreat is upon us and I'm excited to go.  I have all my ducks in a row and might even make some progress on projects.  Stop laughing, it could happen.

6th - Last month I made plans to go down a day early and my friend Gwen said she's come too and help get the place ready for fun.  I am ALWAYS eternally grateful for the help my amazing friends give to me.  We both arrive around 1:30 (there's a story there, but I'll keep it between us) and immediately get to work.  By the time dinner rolls around, we are ready to escape and find something yummy.  Although retreat groups have gone to Los Primos many times, apparently Gwen has not been among us.  Seems like a good fit tonight.  We have good food, great conversation, and lots of laughs.  All in all --- a wonderful day together and ---- the best part is, we are set up and ready for tomorrow.  Woot woot.  (The seat back covers are from November 2018 Night at the Movies retreat -- all who attended have one.)



As we are sitting and chatting, I notice a lone chicken wandering around and Gwen says she is "frantic" and takes the time to lead her back home.  She is our own personal "chicken whisperer."


Following along --- a peek at the ladies.


and the babies.


Even the goats come up to say howdy as we go by.  I am super careful to park my car on the  other side of the house when goats are on location, but they are fun to look out.  You don't know about my car?  Well, suffice to say, one billy goat took a real liking/disliking to the image reflected on the door.  Lots and lots of damage, but all is good now and I just park out of their view.  "They're penned," you say.  "Hahahahaha --- nothing keeps these guys in for long," is my reply.

Settling in at the machine --- I knock out all of the April and May Secret Lives of Color blocks.  Yep, this is a sneak peek for the May ones, but no color names.  Check this off the list.


7th - An away we go.  Last minute touches on the rooms and I (we) are ready to greet the ladies.  Our first order of business is the traditional eating of the chicken/chicken fried stead at Babes.  Yep, gotta be done.  We have quite a few this go round and that just makes it even more fun.



Once back - let the TA-DA's begin.  First up is Lori, followed by Samantha


The day is just fun --- relaxing and connecting with one another.  People coming and going to shop and see the area.  It's as though we have put the pandemic behind us here, but there is still just that little caution kept.  It's a good thing.  For the evening, a few of us decide to check out a new place along the river in Glen Rose --- and I'm glad we did.  What a nice night for us and we'll need to come back when it is a bit warmer (May perhaps) and listen to the live music while sitting out on the deck.



I don't make it to Last Ladies Standing --- but these incredible women do.  


8th - Good Morning!  It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood and we are raring to go. Jill starts us out with a TA-DA


Followed by Karen - TA-DA bags


And Brenda with a TA-DONE - 


and a second one as well - TA-DONE.  She's been binding like crazy.


Angie follows with a pillowcase TA-DA


It's game night and we are doing the hippie thing --- peace y'all.  So much fun with this theme.  Beth's necklaces helped make sure everyone got a part.





And our newbie --- Jill - (I've cheated and added her other "newbie" pic here too.)  That just leaves me and it just didn't happen this time, but trust that I was dressed up.)


Advancements:  Brenda is Ruby (and I've already lost my cool hat)


Amber is Ruby - 


And Terry is moving up as well, after she announced that she had finally brought her tiara with her to retreat.  Now it is changing.  HAHAHAHAHA.  Terry is Sapphire!!


Door prize winners - Lana and Gwen


Two rounds of LRC and we have winners - Brenda and Lana (she's on a roll)


Twosies - Gwen and Sam


Karen and Angie


Terry and Breanda


Janet and Beth


Yours truly, Lori, and Sherri


Jill and Lana


Crystal and Amber


Just so you know ---- sooooo much fun happens here.


By the time the day comes to an end --- it's down to just three of us.


9th - I am up bright and early and off to settle up with Joe Pat and collect a few more things.  It turns out that I come back with another car full of mostly swap table items.  Goodness.  Once they are all unloaded, my focus returns to retreat.

Lori has a TA-DA


Angie with a Row by Row


Group picture time ---- It's sooo nice out and perfect for this moment.



Brenda with another TA-DONE


It's time to get out and stretch the legs a bit.  Who is joining us?  Along the way I have a chance to take a pic of the new mural on the chicken house.


Down at the river, I find some bluebonnets out in the riverbed.


Sherri is instantly in and she's not alone.  Further up the water is being tested as well.




Sit down time - 


Back at the house - Beth with her Sandcastles TA-DA


Scenes from the room - 



Jill with a TA-DA


Last night, last ladies ---- oh so much fun this weekend.


10th - It's time to pack up - so sad.  I did manage to finish up my April Summer Moon blocks to get them posted a wee bit late and made good progress on the April table runner too.  I'll get there.


Amber with an apron TA-DA


My goodies for this retreat - 


And we are officially BRAZOS OUT for a few weeks.  See you in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment