Friday, January 14, 2022

Rhododendron Trail - Clue 7 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

7th - Part 7 is out and we are going back to playing in the neutrals.  This quilt is going to be so light and airy which makes me excited.  with another block being put together, I cannot express how much happiness has been created in me.  Woohoo.  Bring it on.  I have some other projects needing cutting today, so it's a busy day at the table, but all is ready to go.


With some of my newly cut pieces and the hourglasses from a previous clue, I'm off with a small design board to layout my block centers.


And . . . here they are.  Now, I have to fly tomorrow morning bright and early so this is all that will happen for a few days.  (Stay here ---- continued below.)  Some have asked why I do this step.  Well, I then sit down at the machine and just web one right after the other until all my clocks come off and this step makes it go quick.


13th - I'm back from Utah and with another clue releasing tomorrow, I really want to spend the day at the machine.  My lovely board of units are ready to go.


Let the webbing begin (yes, there are two blocks at once in this picture).


We don't have a ton of blocks to make, so an hour and a half later, I have the centers ready to move on.  I know, I know --- this isn't the best block to put on top as some of the points don't look like they will work.  Trust me - it'll happen.


Now for the remaining, newly cut pieces - 


Another layout - 


Back to the machine for more webbing ---- easier, with very few seams to match.


And by late afternoon, these beauties are finished.  I am super happy with them all and managed to get all my butterflies flying the same direction.


My tray of lovelies has grown - see you next week (the clue releases tomorrow).  If you want to join in, it's still not too late and here is your LINK.  See you with the next step -- 

No comments:

Post a Comment