Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Rhododendron Trail - Clue 6 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

OH Em Geeee ---- I can't believe it but Clue 6 is here and Bonnie is letting us make blocks ahead of time.  I cannot tell you how happy this makes me.  So many of you have heard me comment on how overwhelmed I sometimes feel on reveal day.  THIS will help with that so very much.  Yay, yay, yay!!!

Now, if only I had my act together enough to start today.  However, I do get to think about it.

1/2 -  And away we go.  I have been on a hunt for so  many different yellows.  I've pulled from squares, strips, fat quarters, and yardage, but have achieved the desired number of prints.  What do you think?


1/3 --- I have found time to cut and I also had a ton of time to think.  Rather than cutting strips the right length and sewing and subcutting, I've opted for cutting just the squares and sewing together.


Heading straight to the machine, it's a chaining-Netflix watching-coffee drinking-zip through the stack.


I neglected to get a picture of just the units, but my next task is to lay out the blocks on my foam board in preparation for a giant webbing session tomorrow ---- this lets you see what the yellow/white units are.


1/4  I've been at the machine most of the morning on another project, but REALLY want to finish these today as well.  It's one o-clock in the afternoon ---- here we go ---- webbing the whole stack at once.  LOVE this method.


By 5 they are coming off the machine one right after another and receiving a nice press.  Here are my lovelies.


AND ---- the whole kit and kaboodle as it stands today.  If this appeals to you --- here is the LINK to join in.  REALLY loving it so far and excitedly waiting to see where the last color will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment