Saturday, November 24, 2018

JT Ranch Quilt Shop - Cisco, TX (and a little antiquing too)

It's the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I have already driven from Houston to Abilene.  Now I am once again behind the wheel going from Abilene to Dallas.  My sweet man is riding shotgun and spots a billboard advertising a quilt shop in Cisco.  He puts it into the GPS and soon we are in the downtown area and parking the car for a leg stretch.  I do so love this man of mine.

JT Ranch and Quilt Shop is the most pleasant surprise.  As you enter the shop, you realize just how large it really is.  Wow.  We are instantly greeted and asked if we need any help.  That is such a plus in my book.  Asking to just wander and look around, we are left to our own devices and out comes my camera.  Take a few minutes to wander the store with me.






Look at that exposed wall in the background --- such fun.


Love this display and after November retreat, I know how to fold fat quarters this way.  Hahahaha, I know -- no big trick.


Long arms and sewing stations are all over the building.  WOW.


Love the batting cutting area.  Reminds me of paper and elementary school.


I adore old furniture being used as display for fabrics.


Look at the wonderful old tin ceiling.  So cool.


Another view of the back wall --- I really like this.


I find several fat quarters that MUST come home with me and we have a chance to talk with the owner Jerry (yep spelled exactly that way) as she shared with us her plans for the building.  There are hopes of finishing the upper floors as a retreat center and I hope it works out for her.  What a wonderful shop and if I lived in Cisco, I'd be here all the time.  This is how you do it right.

Right next door is an antique shop that we make a quick stop into --- here is a bit of the eye candy I spot, but nothing comes home with us.




Back to the road we go, but only manage to get 1/2 block down the road.  Hot dang, there's a brewery here.

No comments:

Post a Comment