I will do more posts as progress moves along on this. Stay tuned.
I didn't touch this again until November of this year. Now for the rest of the story.
So, I have realized that the new mystery is almost upon me and I haven't finished the this one. Oh my. It is time to kick it in gear. While preparing for retreat, I do the sashings as quick as can be. Well, seriously -- how hard is it when they 8 patches are already made?
Next, it's into the house with a small design wall to lay out blocks. I simply place a piece of paper between each block and build my stack. This can then be set near my machine and I can web away to my heart's content. Pretty sweet huh? Annie works away and her sweet hum warms my heart as we go. I am shocked at how well these are going together after all this time and how much I have learned since they were put together. Whew.
Now, what is left to prepare this top? Oh yes -- the borders. Again, webbing away -- I soon have a nice stack of doubles which then become quadruples, and so on until I have them long enough for my top. Four lovely borders now await the next step.
Everything gets packed up as I am off to retreat tomorrow and am soooo hopeful that I will get this top set. There is still a chance I can get it quilted before the new mystery starts. A remote one, but a chance nevertheless.
At retreat, I finally get a chance to work on this Saturday evening. Yes -- I've been busy with other projects too. It's 4:20 a.m. on Sunday before I give it up and try for a couple hours of sleep. I have managed to get it webbed and pressed -- ready for rows.
How much sleep does one require, after all?
After about 3 hours of sleep, I am refocused and ready to finish this crazy top. Yes --- I see craziness when I look at it right now. The rows are soon together, pressed, and ready for borders to be attached.
Now to get her quilted. I will update this post when that happens and YES it will be finished before the end of the year for sure.
It is now Mid December and I am finally working on this again. I have to get the back and label completed so that I can quilt this top into something wonderful. It takes awhile but I do manage to turn all those scraps above into a wonderful label and an interesting back. Yes. Now to get this onto the frame for quilting.
12/21/15 I make the decision to do some tiny quilting in the yellow border on this one. How smart is it? Well after the first 6 inches my arms are killing me but I am committed now as there is absolutely no way I am going to tear this out.
The outer border has a plain stipple and the center is a loopy stipple. Yep, I'm moving up and trying new things. Perhaps someday I will have one with some truly cool stuff on it.
Four and a half hours and two cramping arms later -- she is off the frame.
Here is a close up of the quilting
I quickly add the binding and head into the house to start the hand work. I REALLY want to show Bonnie this one when she is here at the end of the month. To see if I do, watch the blog posts for just after the New Year.
Here is my finished quilt which I have renamed "The Gran Delusion" since for some reason I chose this crazy quilting thinking I knew what I was doing. Yep, I'll remember this one for awhile.
And my final, beautiful outdoor shot. Woohoo. It's finished and ready to use. Front and back.