Saturday, October 18, 2014

Grand Illusion - Let the Party Begin - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

It's TIME.  Yay!  Bonnie surprised everyone today (10/10 - and what a cool anniversary gift for me) with an early release of the colors, yardage, and name of this years mystery quilt.  It is called Grand Illusion and is based on the Grand Hotel where she stayed during a visit to Mackinac Island, Michigan.  I LOVE the colors!  Should I say that again?  I LOVE THE COLORS!
I send Mister an email asking him to pick up paint cards on his way home from work and I head for the studio to pull colors based on what I see online.  It looks like I have a healthy start in my stash which makes me pretty excited.  It'll be nice not to have to spend much.  I know that I will have to pick up some yellow, but hopefully that is all.  As I'm sitting in the house, I remember the scrap bucket out back from the "treasure trove" that I was the recipient of earlier this year.  Well goodness me -- I'd better go see what is in there and if anything can add variety.  By the time I am finished, there are scrap piles everywhere but I am not sure just how many will actually work - we'll see after they are pressed.


Here is what I have:


I am being pretty picky and select a few of them before adding the rest to my fat quarter bins.  Here are my final selections with their cards and the blacks/neutrals.


A quick stop  on Saturday (10/18) to pick up yellow somehow nets me a few others as well.  I have no idea how that happens.  One minute there is just the yellow in my hand and the next . . . . well I just can't explain it.  I think I am ready.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment