Sunday, December 31, 2023

Finished Non-Quilt Items 2023

2023 - What can I say?  I feel like I was pretty busy, but not a ton of finishes.  However, I did start things out rather well due to the Advent Box from Missouri Star that I received in December.  At any rate -- here's the Miscellaneous finishes for the year:

 January - This little coin purse came in the Advent Box.  I am up at Mom's and enjoying these small projects.




Another from the box - a jar of buttons to turn into a pin cushion.  It's perfect and will stay in Montana.


This Snowflake Pillow  is another advent itme.  All the buttons were in the jar above (hard to believe, but true) and were hand stitched on.  Love it and it's also staying in Montana on our bed.


These little Swedish trees came from the box as well.  It's another chance to do some redwork and use some of the buttons from the jar.  


Advent box --- Scissors and Rotary Cutter holders.  These came with all hardware and pattern, just had to use my own fabric.  Easy peasy and will stay in Montana as well.



Some embroidery to make key chains and necklaces.  Also from the advent box.  Time to head back to Texas.  


February - Valentines Month.  I picked up this kit to make these bowl cozies.  We needed a few more and now we are set.


I made a composition notebook cover - this is my sample for an upcoming retreat.  I like how it turned out.



The porch bench needed a new cover - 


AND the holiday covers needed to be replaced - so new ones made.  You'll see them on in December, lol.


Some little mug rugs for February.


And a candle mat too.  I'm having fun with the embroidery.



March - 

Retreat project - jar opener.


Three more notebooks for Jen, Cassie, and Rhiana.  Teachers always need these and Mom's of littles do too.



May

Jelly Roll Rugs for Mom for Mother's Day - 


A new wallet for ME!



Spring Jelly Roll rugs for ME!


Tote bags for all the girls - Cassie, Rebecca, Jen, Rhiana, Amanda and the last one is mine because I forgot to quilt it.  Ugh.


Fun little book for Isla - Yes, I did stuff the cat but didn't get a picture after.


Three Mia bags - One for me in Texas and another for me in Montana.  The cherry red one is for . . 


My granddaughter's birthday.


Tea Sets are DONE!  Woohoo and I am AHEAD of the game, but out of the tea set business.  This one will go to Isla on her 4th birthday (she's only going to be one next month)



This one is for Mariel on her 4th birthday.  She will be three in November.



This one is for Mairead in November for her 4th birthday.  It's a Fiesta set!



June - 

As we enter the last month in the first half of the year, we are in Montana.  Mom asked me to make a bag for a friend of hers - I happened to have supplies with me up there.  


July - 

I made a purse for Mom's birthday (in October) while at retreat.


August - 

Some scarves for the boys at Christmas time.


Vests for Amanda and Rhiana


Trying to finish up some UFO's this year too -- this one is a pillow.



October

Gwen sent me the ornaments for the Christmas party this year.  This is my sample.


November

A candy cane to hang on the wall --- this was a class at retreat.  Easy and fun to do.


Also at retreat - Angie taught a class in mosaic coasters.


Jen and I took a Glass-Blowing class the day before Thanksgiving.  This is my ornament and I love it so much.


December

The advent box for this year has quite a few fun things to make.  Here's one that I managed to finish before year end.  A pin cushion made from a crystal salt cellar.  So sweet and elegant.



And that's a wrap for 2023.  I had hoped for one more, but with Joy being the new theme, I brought myself some and let it go for a few days.  See ya in 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment