Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Ohio Quilt Sisters Trip --- Days 7 and 8

 

Well, Howdy.  We are on Day 7 of our wild and crazy Girls Trip.  This morning we are off to a quilt shop that came highly recommended.  It is in Navarre, OH and here is the AnnaLouisa's Quilt Shop LINK.  GO LOOK AT IT,  I love this place and cannot say that enough.

It sits on a beautiful lake with gorgeous landscaping and that's just a bonus.


The shop is INCREDIBLE!  This pic is not the best of the bunch.  Why would I show that here?  Ya just gotta check out the link.


Signs of spring.  There are even some geese out there.


My treasures from the shop.


The second stop for today is at Lone Star Quilts in New Hope.


At this point, I'm really on the hunt for a specific fabric and, although this shop has the most lines of Corey Yoder that I've seen, the one I want still eludes me.  I did spot this bag and realize I have the book at home and a ton of cork.  Hmmmm.  One cool thing I did manage to get a picture of is the huge needle outside.  That's cool.


Just outside the shop - an Amish lady getting ready to do her own shopping.


Now for some lunch.  We are off to the Berlin Farmstead.  It's a very large restaurant with down home cooking, Amish style.  After a bit of pub food, that sounds wonderful today.


Love the quilts hanging in the dining area.


Ramona is taking home some pie.  Nine pieces, I believe.


Upon leaving the restaurant, we make one more run out to Miller's Dry Goods since Samantha hadn't been there yet.  Somehow, this time, I only walk out with one pattern.  Go me.  Upon our return, Sherri and I walk over to the pewter shop and I see this little nativity.  No, it didn't go home with me, but so sweet, right?


Meanwhile, back in the sewing room.  She's raring to go.


We're going walking for dinner tonight.


McKelvey's Pub it is.


I chose wisely and had perhaps the best pizza I've had that is not Napolitano style.  So, so good.


Just to show that some sewing is happening - Ramona has a TA-DA


As does Stephannie.  That's all I've got for today.  I know, I'm slacking.  Off to bed.



19th - Day 8 and our last full day at the retreat center.  Goodness, the week went fast.  Starting out right with a big breakfast in the hotel restaurant.  Now, I have to admit --- there was waaaaaaay too much butter on this place.


After breakfast we are making one last quilt shop stop - Somewhere Sewing.  This shop is pretty close to Millersburg, but hasn't been open until today.  They are VERY well organized and stock many, many bolts of fabric.  We had a great coupon, but in all honestly, I was pretty shopped out.


However, I did manage to find my unicorn and I bought all that was left on the bolt.  Score.  Some new rulers joined in and that was a successful stop.


On the way to the fabric shop, we had passed MawMaw's Diner and decided to go there for lunch.  Sam and Terry are departing right after lunch so its our last chance to all be together (minus Irene, of course, whom we miss terribly).  



Sherri decides to start with dessert.


Much to my amusement.


Maw Maw introduces herself and chats for a bit - until we start singing and that sends her quickly away.  We didn't mean anything, honest.


She does return later to take our picture - 


And soon has us all cracking up.


Good-byes are said to Sam and Terry and it's back to the hotel for the rest of us.  Then, Gwen, Sherri and I do the touristy thing and check out some local hotspots.  Here is the Victorian House LINK to follow along with our first stop.



The second stop happens to be right next door.  That's easy enough.


Gwen told us about the glass museum and we are happy to check it out.  Here is the Millersburg Glass Museum LINK to learn and see all we were exposed to.  It's pretty dang cool.  I have a new bucket list item - see pressed glass being made the way this was.


Spotted another buggy parking area on the way back.


Downtown Millersburg.  It really is a cute town.


We walked over to the antique shop and I found some Millersburg glass.  I was sooooo tempted, but walked away.


Back to the hotel - perhaps I can show a bit more of that, however, our perspective has changed since finding out it is haunted.  Yep, that was also part of the information we gathered on our journeys today.


Since we had the larger room for sewing, Sherri and I had quite the electrical system rigged.


By the time we are all packed up and have most things under control for tomorrow's departure, it's time to take a walk to dinner.    We're heading back to Bags for the yummy wings. I think it's been my favorite meal of the trip.  Sad, right?  A stop at the Old Jail along the way.




Just around the corner, a buggy and it's puller await the driver quietly.


Ahhhhh - Guiness and Salt and Vinegar wings.  I'm a happy girl.


Food, fun, and friends.  Not in that order, but the best parts of life.  Well, our last full day is behind us.  Now, to try and sleep in our haunted hotel.  Night y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment