Tuesday, February 28, 2023

February 2023 Quilt Update

 

Our theme this year, Binding Us Together, is just so needed.  If you didn't get a chance to check out the post explaining it all --- here is the LINK to the initial post.  I'm looking forward to the direction this can take us all, but especially myself, if I give it a whirl.  Sometimes stepping out of comfort zones is challenging, but it almost always allows for growth.  Here we go:  February - the month of love - begins tomorrow.  For our theme of Binding us Together, let's focus on Sisterhood.  Y'all know how much this touches my heart.  Love to all.

If you are new to the blog, you may be asking, "just what is a monthly update?"  I decided long ago that I just can't keep up with blogging daily.  I just can't.  Sooooo, what happens is I document each day in my life within one post and if something special happens, a separate post takes place.  See, you can stay caught up with a once a month check and then, if you're interested, see the other posts too.  It's a great system for me.  There will be links throughout this update that go to related posts of MINE.  They will open in a new window so that you can keep your place here.  Just click on the hyper-links if you wish.


 In years past, I have set goals for each month that I NEVER was able to reach.  However, I NEED that guideline to follow, so I will continue to do that simply to keep myself on track.  UFO mode will continue around here with minimal purchases (hopefully), but also a few fun and new items will make an appearance now and then.  The "hopeful attempts" will change each month and will always show up at the bottom of the update if you read that far - and they are joined by links to the previous monthly updates for the year.

Now, grab a cuppa and sit back for a fun read and perhaps a new idea or two.   (P.S. I format on a computer, so if you are reading on a phone, well sometimes the pictures will be before or after the story.  It is what it is.

1st - A new month means new blocks for the Civil War sew-alongs.  It's not too late to join in as two of them go all year and the third is a two-year project.  Here are February blocks and links to join the groups if you wish.  Barbara Brachman Sampler


The Loyal Union Sampler


Dear Jane


We are in the midst of Icemageddon and I have gathered most of my pictures into this separate POST.  


My cutting table today has projects piled up so that I can tackle them as I go.  We never eat here unless we have company, so why not?  It's dang cold out in the studio and even out there, the long arm owns the most real estate so I have more space right here.


In my guest bedroom (which is where I have been sewing the most), I have blocks laid out for March's Loyal Union and some of these look dang hard.


Today's haul - one block done and the APQ Challenge is Number 6 - which happens to be my placemats and table runner from last Janaury. Yay!


2nd - The dang groundhog ruined my morning.  Oh, I say that and then I remember that we are LITERALLY 6 weeks until the first day of spring.  Silly traditions.  Oh, and, the ice storm continues here in Dallas.  This morning things are more coated than they have been yet.


Off to the table to prep some items to take on a road trip that begins this afternoon.  Yep, we have fingers, toes, and everything else crossed that the weather guessers are right today.  It's supposed to start raining this afternoon with REAL RAIN and not ice.  That will clear the roads and and get us west where apparently they already have sunny skies.  My book parts to two HP blocks are done and threads gathered along with titles.


I have also prepped 4 Dear Jane blocks for applique, one of which I had to sew together first.  That should be enough to keep me busy in the car.  Where are we going?  Lubbock, via Abilene.



3rd -We DID make it to Abilene last night, but it was not a fun first hour.  After that -- all was good.  Here is a Friday Fun in Lubbock LINK for you to share in my fun today.  Oh, I didn't sew a stitch on the drive to Abilene.  Go figure.


Time with family is treasured above all.  Without sewing going on - this is what you get.  (We are at a swim meet - hence the shirtless child.)



4th - We are having so much fun and did manage a little "just us two" time this morning.  Here is the Saturday LINK to our shenanigans.  This bus stop bench is crazy cool.


After the meet, we find some time to stop in at a local attraction.  I've shared the Museum LINK in a separate post because it was FABULOUS.  

Trains, miniatures, and windmills which gave me perma grin the whole time.  The place is huge and then we went outside to explore a bit as well.  Take a minute to check out the link and make a stop  here if you are in the Lubbock area.  You won't be disappointed, I promise.  Also, the price is reasonable - I think it was $6 for seniors, which we are, but the regular price was like $7.50.  Not to bad at all for a museum like this.  I had fun and was rocking my new flannel shirt that we bought last week.  I came home from Montana and went shopping for a new look.  It fits, I think.


Jen and I are at the base of this wind generator.


Waaaaay down at the end of the blade, you will find me.


Loving my sweet Mister


5th -  As sad as it sounds, we are heading back home today.  I so love our time running about the country and seeing new things along with spending time with family and together.  Here is a LINK to the trip home.  I'll share some images here, but ya need to click the link to learn about them.  Small town Texas is always fascinating.


6th - The real world is back in full force today.  I am DETERMINED to stay focused this month as it is my last totally free month for quite some time.  I want to keep the momentum that I had in January going.  With that said, I started in on another HP block and after HOURS until finish, I moved to some creative label making.  No brains required and I love it.  It is for my puzzler exchange quilt and even though I have not received all of my blocks yet, I have made and sent all that I am responsible, so my scraps are free for the fun.  This HP block kicked my backside.  I added the flying key - yep, call me crazy.  Still need to get the titles on, but progress is progress.


Sewcialites block today - an easy one this month and that's a big Yay!


In the WIP category, The Secret Lives of color backing and label are made AND I've put my templates for the embroidery onto the top.  I think it will really help that corner.


One DJ block in the done column.


7th -  While I have laundry going, I am back and forth with multiple projects today.  Illusions has her borders.  


FIVE Loyal Union blocks are done.


I have the applique in place and embroidery patterns drawn onto my little table topper.


Another DJ block - 


More DJ blocks are ready for applique - all the parts have been prepped AND my HP blocks are back out from their total lack of attention while traveling.


It's a bit rainy tonight but I love it.


8th - Keeping with my plan, I start the day with a y-seam fest that send me into crazyville and I get Annie's baskets cut out.


Feeling the need to be a little free - Illusions gets her label finished.


AND binding.  All that is left to quilt is the backing.  I had sooooo much fabric left from this BOM that I'm going to spend some time trying to use it all up, so the backing will likely occupy my living room floor for a bit.  Call me crazy, but, I DID say that I thought there would be enough for a second quilt and if I can get a back out of it - then I wasn't far off.


Two more DJ blocks in the done column.  That's the end of my applique ones this month.


I got a new project started as well.  I've never made bowl cozies so I did the piecing and cut them out today.  


9th - OMG - I started out my morning with a LU block that I could NOT get to come out the right size.  It got a border and I called it done.  Between y-seams and my own ineptitude, things just didn't go well.


I DID take some time and go to the back for some raw edge applique.  It was nice to be out in the studio and just quietly working along.  Tails, hearts, and basket handles all had needle and thread applied.


I managed to get the new Secialites block cut - always good to stay caught up - 


My bowl cozies are moving forward,  quilting and darts are done.


And a LU block hits the done column.


10th - Since the applique work was completed yesterday, I get right to finishing up some of those block.  Spooky Season cats are done as is my Sewcialite block..  


My bowl cozies are in the TA-DONE space and I love them.


I tackled another y-seam LU block and about lost my mind.  So much cursing came about that Mister came in with medicine - a shot of whiskey.  LMAO.  Too funny - but the block is done.


As is this one - 


I received this beautiful chocolate martini while sitting and embroidering on my SLC top.  Isn't it pretty?  Well, I was stitching away and had a long thread that I pulled through the fabric and that beautiful drink went flying.  So sad and sticky and not fun to clean up.  Fortunately, it didn't get on the quilt.


The embroidery is done.


This one is ready to quilt.  Now, all I need is a few good weather days that aren't packed with other requirements.


11th - Mister is sleeping in today so I have some quiet time in the office to work on pictures and blog posts.  It's so bizarre how quick I can get behind.  Then - another quiet activity - I used the light table that is still set up and did all the Country Christmas patterns onto freezer paper.  One more prep step.  Love those when each month comes around and I find them ready to go.  


Then, it was out for time together.  A stop at Half Price Books netted me a couple of new cookbooks for my new plan to cook again.  We shall see how that goes.  

Dinner at Vector followed and as we left, the planets were out and about in the sky.  A quick app check and this is what was in front of us.  It's been a fun day together and with weather turning again, I'm glad we took advantage of a little sunshine.  Fingers crossed tomorrow will be nice as well.

12th - Good Morning!  It's a get up and get out of the house day.  First stop - White Rock Coffee for some yummy goodness.


Then to the lake to check out my beloved pelicans.  They were all quite a distance away and I didn't bring a camera that was capable of much, so  . . .


However, the other area (not the pier) was indeed busy.  We stopped to watch for a bit.  Perhaps next trip, babies will be out.  One never knows just what will be in the water.





A few shopping stops and back home we go.  The Loyal Union pictures for March are needed - so I get that task marked off the lsit.


Then it's back to working on the Illusion backing.  Ha, ha.  Back to backing.  I have tried to in an hour each day on this one.  There are SOOOO many leftover pieces and I said at the beginning that there would be enough for a second quilt.  Now I have to see if I was right.


Playing a little game of thread chicken today.  With each seam, I check to see and I've been surprised as to how long it lasted.


Now, Mister is working on the sprinkler system (the timer was fried during recent on again, off again power moments and has to be replaced) so I figure I need to work on "house" things too.  I have the Christmas bench and pillow covers to remake due to so much fading AND I picked up some fabric off the swap table eons ago to make a spring cover as well.  Let's get these done.  First up - use the existing covers to make patterns.  


Then, just a few simple seams later (and boxing in the ends) leaves me with a new cover.  The pillows ARE orange and I just cover them at Christmas.


Also the new red bench and pillow covers are also a TA-DA and will go into the Christmas linen drawer for now.


13th - Three DJ blocks get worked on next - gotta stay on track here.  Paper piecing today and it goes well and I'm happy.


I have an upcoming set of back to back retreats in March and am supposed to teach the quilted  composition notebook covers.  That means I need to make one so that I have an idea what I'm doing.  First thing, I cut the pieces and quilt them together, only to discover that I wasn't supposed to make a sandwich, but just to use the top and batting.  Great start.  Lesson learned, but I'm leaving it - it will just be a little thicker.


At this point, I realize that I wanted a different color on the spine of the book.  Great.  No going back so it just gets added on top and quilted down.  This is as far as I get today.


14th - Happy Valentine's Day.  It's not much for us today.  Mister has to work and I'm in a mood so, although I make him a nice breakfast, it kinda ends there this year.  I decide to just focus on my project and perhaps that will make me smile.  All the parts are now pinned in place.


The flaps are added and, yes, you can see the selvedges.  You won't be able to when it turns and I needed the extra few inches as I had very little of this fabric left from my purse I made at the beach last fall.


It's done!  I've added a pin and a pen for the picture.


The inside - complete with a turtle page marker that was gifted to me.  Now, I just need a turtle pen.


Onto other items ---- Annie's baskets block is done.


As is the center of the backing for Illusions.  It came out decent sized considering I didn't use any of the neutrals at all.  Crazy how much fabric that BOM had with it.  Now to finish it off with black batiks that I have in stash.


Dear Jane for March is done as well.  It turned into a very productive day.


15th - Keeping the momentum going, first thing a new project gets cut.  I'm not a huge fan of the gray, but am going with it since it was a kit, BUT I did switch out a couple of the strips as the aqua just didn't make me smile at all.  It stands out too much in the picture.  From the cutting table to the living room floor.  The backing (which is HUGE) is done and now the package is ready to quilt.  I am so hopeful for this month as we're only halfway through and a lot of my "must-dos" are completed.


The leftover strips from Heartstrings (above) will go onto QAYG mug rugs that came in the same sampler box.


Now that I've cleared the floor from Illusions parts, I can set up another machine and FINALLY get these placemats and table runner from January 2022 done.  I can do it, I keep telling myself.  But wait, squirrel - the Bountiful box came in the mail and the first block needs to be cut.  Done.


Now, a delayed Valentine evening - we are off to pizza and beer at Vector, our neighborhood brewery that was just selected the BEST small brewery in Texas.  Awesome.


16th - Go, go gophers.  I am up and moving once again.  First stop is the cutting table to cut Annie's baskets for March as I'll take it on retreat.  When I'm done, I have FIVE basket handles to applique before I go so that they can go into the blocks.  While cutting, I get the new Sewcialite block done as well.


My turtle pen arrived that Mister had me get.  LMAO.  Too funny and I love it.


For the evening entertainment, I thought I would share this from a show we've been watching.  It's Clarkson's Farm and we can never understand what this one person is saying.  So, Mister put on captions tonight and we both dissolved into fits of laughter.  Mister paused it so I could get a picture through my literal, tears of laughter.


After NIGHTS of embroidery, I have a HP block TA-DONE.  Whew.  I'm not at all happy with the book on the right as my font was just too small and I used too many strands of thread.  Live and learn though.


17th - We've hit Friday and I have a dentist appointment first thing.  Okay, I might as well get the errands run at the same time.  A trip to the bank to make deposits, to the store to get Birthday Cards for my sweetie some groceries before returning home.  Dentist went well, just a cleaning.  However, the office is simply gorgeous in this light today.  At this point, I discover that my mojo must have been left along my route today.  It's gone.  After trying to call several people, to no success, I drag my backside up and head to the cutting table.  Two BOM's have arrived in the mail and I can at least get them cut today.  A pattern for an upcoming project also arrived and I'm excited and apparently old.  Old ladies make these, right?


Earlier today, I noticed an article online about Keller's and haven't been able to get them off my mind.  In my lazy space, it seems as though dinner here is spot on.  Yum.


AND - my second HP block is done.  Lazy, sit around and watch television does have some merits.  I wasn't completely doing nothing.


18th - It's another cold morning and my sweet love is sleeping in.  That gives me some time in the office to get caught up on blog, pictures, and bookkeeping items.  With that done by 8:30, I'm off to find something else "quiet" to do.  I just get set up at the cutting table and Mister is up and likes my idea of the Dallas Diner for breakfast.  We are off and running.


While at breakfast, I mention that we could go shopping at the "big" Penney's in Town East Mall as we have gift cards to use.  Off we go and arrive a wee bit before they open so a stop at a GORGEOUS JOANN's happens.  I need some floss and the JOANN's near me has such a limited inventory.  It's no wonder - this store has it all.  I guarantee that EVERY time I'm out this way, this will be a stop as the whole store is set up different than any other JOANN's I've been in and it's a delight to shop here.


After MUCH debate and changing of minds, we settle on a linen update for the main bathroom.  We start with a shower curtain we both like (don't ask how hard that is) and then I let him pick the towels, just giving color constraints.  We order the rugs and I'm excited to see how it all turns out.  From here, it's back home and I get a chance to sew my Designer Mystery block together for this month.  I DID get it cut this morning before we left.  Last week, when we were out and about, a stop at Half-Price books happened and I picked up a couple of "Cooking for Two" books.  This week, I grabbed the required groceries to tackle a couple of recipes.  I didn't have to get much - basically, just the meat.  Today - I'm making Chicken Pot Pies for the first time.  They turn out beautiful and are so tasty as they are filled with creamy goodness and LOTS of vegies.  We doubled the recipe so we could have four and it actually made 6.  YUM.



19th - Sunday Morning and while my love sleeps in, additional prep on the composition books takes place and the tracing for some row by row patterns happens as well.  Quiet Activities.



Today's activity is the Oak Cliff Mardi Gras event and we love going to it.  Here is the Parade LINK so you can check out all the fun we had.  It lasted a LONG time with lots of fun entries.


Ahhh, my love.


When I returned home, a package was on the front step.  Parts for the composition notebooks have arrived and I have enough to share at retreat.


20th - My morning begins with a walk around the Arboretum with the Elders (LDS Missionaries).  It's their "P" day and I'm happy to share the city I love with them.


A little beauty to share with y'all too.  If you want to see all the pretties, here is your LINK.



Well, that was the morning.  Now I need to get to work and I start with cleaning the studio and locating my longarm.  Yes, I had buried it once again.  With the work behind me, SLC gets loaded and started.  I get about halfway before I'm ready to eat.  Funny how the stomach dictates sometimes.


Also, with the arrival of parts yesterday, I can finally kit the composition books up and get them ready for retreat.  AND --- while cleaning the studio, I grabbed bits of fabrics for the row by row blocks.  Those are now ironed on and ready to move forward.


With that, it's back to the kitchen and some Salsa Roasted Salmon for dinner.  So, so good.


21st - It's a laundry and get things done day.  I'm trying to close up some items so my sewing is on Joy-Filled blocks (which arrived this week) and the new Sewcialites, which is a bugger, for sure.  I got it, but not happily.  I sure hope the next one is a bit easier, but these little blocks still make me smile when I add to the stack.  Now, not really wanting to do what I should (read that as "procrasting"), I grab the QAYG mats that came in the Sampler Box and some leftover strips from Heartstrings.  In a short time, I have three mug rugs done and ready for hand stitching.  I didn't quite follow the directions as they included a fold-over binding (self-binding is another term) and I don't care for it, so . . went a different direction.


Okay, okay - enough procrastination.  I sat down and started on the table runner.  One, odd line and I'm going to be okay with it, but I needed to get some bones in the project so that it didn't morph into a new shape.  Once those are in - I've had enough for right now.


I'll make some hearts instead.


The evening hand stitching nets me three finished mug rugs.  It's nice to start and finish something.  Now, who to gift these to?


22nd - Waking to a DOWNPOUR!  Yep, that's where it's at.  Gloomy outside and sheets of rain coming down.  Might as well settle in and sew.


I'm back at the table runner - three more centers are done AND I've worked at it some more to get the shape to stay put.


Okay, so I worked on the vertical hearts for my project and made so many mistakes.  I had to take them apart at least three times and it included some parts I'd already cut off.  As a result, these are the HST's that I trimmed at the end.  Yeah - not exactly an HST.


BUT - they are made and laid out -- might as well go sew it together.


Yeah - something happened in my layout, but it's okay.  I'm keeping it.  Life is all about changes in our plans.  This is the my reminder today.


The doorbell rings and my bundle is here!!!


These are the goodies I've picked up this month.  THREAD!!!  I was almost out.  A complete set of binders, which will give me a couple to gift as they are duplicates and more goodies.  Two Tula Pink charm packs, some fabric markers, a couple of patterns and a QAYG set of placemats.  The last item is funny as I'm taking forever on the current runner and placemats, which will be a gift.  I'm thinking I'll hold onto this new batting until Sewcialites is over and use whatever remains of that jelly roll for these.  That will make them all bright and cheery to match my Fiesta dinnerware.


It's Mister's birthday today (yep, birthday season all week has been fun) and he wants Thai for dinner.  We have a great time and wonderful meal at Thai Opal, but one funny happened.  This is a NICE restaurant.  When they brought the bill, this is what Mister was presented to write with.  Oh goodness, we laughed.


Dinner was fabulous, as is our time together.  Always.  We didn't stay out too late, though, as my love has to work tomorrow (he worked today too - perhaps a day off next week will happen).  Settling in with some red thread and beads, I finish up my table topper.  I LOVE THIS.  TA-DONE!



23rd - Today is the backing for Heartstrings.  Yep still procrastinating on that "other" thing.  I've put all the cut-offs from the sew and flips together and made as many HST's as I can.  I don't have a ton of fabric left (and some silly woman sewed mug rugs first, totally forgetting about this backing) so I need to make some magic happen.


By the time all is said and done, I've got a back and I know it looks wonky in this picture, but it isn't.  I've also tried one of the MSQC Advent box items - iron on labels.  


My Sew Sampler box for February arrived.  Some items went straight into my working supplies and others will be gifted.  I can't wait to make the Al Fresco top as it is wall hanging size.  More work on the runner.  Someday  . . . 


The evening stitching is some cross-stitching of the iron-on label.  Why not?


24th - Good Morning!  I'm up and moving.  First thing, cut the Sewcialites while biscuits and a cake bake.  That's right!  Biscuits and gravy for breakfast and a coffee cake for my craving.  Don't judge.  Late last night, the rugs for the bathroom arrived, so today I am cleaning the bathroom and doing a linen facelift.  I like it and am so happy that the shower curtain pink matches the bathroom pink.  It was a bit of a concern.  Pulling the bluish green and gold from the curtain happened with towels and rugs.  All in all, I like it.  It certainly is cheery and the painting on the wall is even the right colors, although it was already there, lol.



Out to the studio I go --- SLC is off the machine.  Crazy, right?  I'm not totally happy with the clamshell quilting, but I'm not going to learn if I don't try.  Suck it up, Buttercup.


Onto the machine next is Heartstrings.  It's small and should go quick.  Things to go well until I realize that I didn't leave enough room beside my beautifully embroidered label.  ARGH.  Three-quarters of the way quilted and off the machine it comes.


It's just not going to work.  Into the house and I remove the label, trim the left side, add another piece of fabric and put it back in.  Fingers crossed that there is enough room now.


It's done and coming off the machine.  


I quickly load Illusions onto the frame.  If not this month, then first thing in March.


Evening stitching of the binding - it is TA-DONE.


Label worked out okay


AND hung!  Love it when a plan comes together.  I "should" wash it so that all the crinkles take over and the wonkiness goes away, but . . .


25th - Keeping quiet in the early mornings is always a challenge, but I manage to do it.  Picture development and blogging occupies my time until Mister wakes.  Oh, and some Corey Yoder watching as well.  I found on documentary on Leonard Cohen and settle in to watch while I finish the binding on SLC.  It is TA-DONE.


I really struggled with the quilting.  I don't think my hands are as steady as they used to be and every so often they go off on their own tangent -- in a jerky way.  Hmmmm.


Now - to get out of the house for a bit.  We are off to Shannon Brewing, where Girl Scout Cookies are making a killing.  These are sooooo good and remind me of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.  Dang.


26th -   I am actually quilting on a table runner waaaay out in the living room so as not to wake Mister this morning.  I get over half finished before he's up and we are out of the house for a walk down to the coffee shop.  Yum.


When we get back, I quickly put my Sewcialite block together.


An then decide to play.  It seems silly as I have things still on my list and am running out of days this month, but play it is.  I get three row by rows ready for the applique stitching.  That's it for today.


27th -   We have early morning entry to the Dallas Blooms event at the Arboretum.  Here is the LINK to come along and feed your eyes this morning.


We follow that up with - hands down - the best pizza ever.  Cane Rosso scores again.


Home to finish up the quilting on the table runner and then settle in to hand stitch the binding down.  While doing so the new APQ number for March is released and it is 11.  Ugh - that is my 2020 Sucks quilt so I go and hunt it down.  I don't have this month's number 6 done yet, but am giving the old college try.


The first half of number 6 is done!  TA-DA on the table runner.  At this point, the crazy Lady in the house has conceded to the sane Mister that perhaps this much quilting doesn't need to happen on the placemats if I have any hope of finishing them before March arrives.


28th - My entire goal for today is to finish up the placemats to match the runner.  There are 6 of them and it's a bit overwhelming, but I make myself as comfy as can be at the machine and start cranking them out.  By noon, they are all quilted and the binding is attached.  Whew.  That gives me a bit of time to work on the Bountiful blocks that released today.  These were fun and I wound up with a ton of bonus units.  Next - into the chair for hand stitching down the bindings on these placemats.  It takes me several hours, but they are TA-DONE.  I can't believe I finished this goal.  I was pretty sure it wouldn't happen and that was frustrating me, especially after the "playing" day.  Now, I'm happy though and feeling crazy accomplished.  These will be a gift this Christmas.  Yay, me.  


This brings us to March.  I know you are expecting some green, leprechauny thing, but I'm on a different path right now.  There is so much reevaluating going on that I have to take time and make choices that help me grow.  This next month - let's focus on those finishes.  I think that may be my "word for the year" - finish.  Share those TA-DA's and let's build each other up.  Literally, use threads to bring us together.  


Thank you for reading this far.  If you made it here, kudos to you.  Hope you have a great month and find a way to bring joy into your life.  Stay creative Y'all.

I've tried to make a COMPLETE list here so that I have only one place to look it all up.  I apologize in advance for the boring nature of this to y'all, but it helps me.

UFO's to quilt:  these are staying on this list and I am so hoping to actually make progress this year with the quilting aspect. 

BOM #1 - quilt and bind - 
BOM #2 - quilt and bind - 
BOM #3 - quilt and bind - 
Winter Wonderland - quilt and bind -
Witch's Night Out - quilt and bind - 
Quarantine Challenge - quilt and bind - 
Dawn's Early Light - quilt and bind - 
Xing - quilt and bind - 
Straits of Mackinac - quilt and bind
Ruby Slippers (a.k.a Emerald City) - quilt and bind
Pfeffernusse - quilt and bind 
January's (2022) Table Runner - quilt and bind - Done
January's (2022) Placemats - quilt and bind (6) - Done

Current Projects:

Sample Composition Book Cover for March Retreat - Done
Bench and Pillow Covers - spring and Christmas - Done
Valentine Bowl Coozies and Mug Rugs - Done
Valentine Table Runner - Done
Heartstrings - Done
Skillbuilder - 
Illusions BOM - loaded in machine to quilt
Summer Moon - 
Ruby Jubilee -  
Secret Lives of Color - Done
Long May She Wave - 
Oh Happy Day - 
Joy-Filled - current
Designer Mystery - current
Spooky Season BOM - cat blocks done for February
Puzzler Blocks - label made, waiting on next set of blocks
BB Civil War Sampler - March ready to post
Loyal Union Sampler -  March ready to post
Dear Jane - March ready to post
Country Christmas BOM (2 per month) - was one month ahead, but have drawn all patterns for year
Harry Potter BOM - February blocks done
Anna's Baskets BOM - February block done
Sewcialites BOW - Current
Bountiful BOM - Current

UFO Items to work on:
 
Neutral strings - 
BAD blocks as leader/enders - 
Whims 2nd quilt - 
Rhododendron Trail - 
Sandcastles -
Midnight Flight - 
2020 Sucks Exchange - 
Daybreak - 
Farm Girl -  
Round Robin (mine) - 
Row by Rows - 3 cut, sewn, and ready for applique

UFO Handwork Items:

Hand Quilting -- 
Stocking - in Montana, will work on there
Wool Wall Hanging - 

Links to Previous 2023 Monthly Posts - 



No comments:

Post a Comment