Sunday, March 12, 2023

She Believed Brazos House Retreat

 It is March 9th and the beginning of the 2023 retreat season has commenced.  I am on my way to Rainbow, TX and it is crazy, foggy out there.  The drive takes just a bit longer as a result.




Rainbow, however, is beautiful!!!  I'm so ready.


Our theme this weekend is "She Believed" and Stephannie has worked her magic on the rooms.  I am so thankful for her and all that she does.




Each room even have door signs ---- swoon.









The house has almost filled by the time the clock says "lunch."  That means Babe's in Granbury and off we go.  LOVE that we have so many for lunch.  Memories being made.


Hello Mr. Chicken --- we're here!!!  Apparently, some ran away quick.


Me and my roomie - I'm trying to remember to take these pictures more often.  


Back at the house ---- sewing has commenced and Jennifer has the first TA-DONE.  She made the grocery tote that I taught in the fall and others are doing this too.


Sherri has a T-Shirt TA-DA.  This is a commissioned quilt.  I usually just show the quilt, but her "peek" is dang cute.


The first day has zoomed past us.  I can't believe it's already over - last ladies standing.  (Keep reading - the whole retreat is in this post)

10th - Today, I am teaching the composition books and they are being created all over the room.  Bobbi has the first TA-DONE and also has a small quilt top TA-DA.  Way to go Bobbi.


Cindy with a grocery tote and composition book TA-DONES


Composition book TA-DONES by Linda and Anne


With Tonia right behind --- TA-DONE


They're ready to move on to another project and Linda is teaching the Origami Bags.


Sherri with her composition book TA-DONE


Terry has a TA-DA as well --- this is one productive retreat.


Origami Bag TA-DONE by Cindy


Also Tonia and Sherri - but if you were there -- this is the last in a long group of pictures.


Frieda with her composition book TA-DONE


Evening fun - 


I called it done a little early tonight and left Stephannie to close up.  Here are the last ladies standing.

11th - Day three ---- so much love and laughter taking place here.  Stephannie gave us make and takes for a gift and they are jar openers.  Frieda has her TA-DONE!  Look at that joy.


Jennifer has the Rail Fence Tote TA-DONE.  I made this last November and she wanted to make one this time so I said I'd help.  She didn't need any help.  What was I thinking?


Game night --- what can these ladies come up with for "She Believed" --- well, here ya go.  Ramona believed she was the Tooth Fairy and Linda believes she is the Easter Bunny.


Not everyone explained their belief to me --- just look and enjoy


Cindy highlighted women who believed they could make a difference and they did.


Anne believed she could bake.  I bet she can.


Me?  Well, I believed I could fly.  No.  Actually, it was more of the ability to "change" into something else that I believe in.  There are changes coming in my  life and I'm embracing them.


Advancements abound tonight --- Terry is EMERALD!!


As is Linda - EMERALD


Ramona makes three EMERALDS!!!


Janet is shocked to discover that she is PEARL!  Congratulations to all.


Door prizes went to Stephannie, Cindy, and one other that I didn't get a picture of.  Who was it?


Game winners are Jennifer and Cindy.  Cindy is on a roll.


Jen arrived today to spend some time and offered to take the group picture.  She should be in it, but it is what it is.  Also, Stephanie Bowen is not pictured as she had to take an "emergency" call.  Yep, it's a story.  These ladies mean so very much to me and I thank them for sharing their time here.  


Our Arkansas girls!!


Twosies - spotlights for all.  Terry and Bobbi


Anne and Beth


Gwen and Sherri


Janet and Cindy


Linda and Frieda


Deb and Debi - 


Jennifer and Jennifer - 


Stephannie and Tonia


Stephanie and Ramona


Now, back to work ladies.  Break is over.  Sherri has her second commissioned t-shirt TA-DA


And that's that for tonight.  So, so much fun.  So many stories and laughs.  Love, love, love this time together.  Last night, last ladies.  Alas, the weekend ends tomorrow.


12th -  It's a quiet morning as many have packed up and headed back to the homes.  Beth has her block TA-DA's and her Origami bag TA-DONE.  Woohoo.  It's been fun and now, feet up and into tweener time.  See ya in that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment