Wednesday, March 17, 2021

March Tweener Time - Brazos House

 It's TWEENER TIME!!!  One of the things I love most about this time is that no one HAS to do anything.  Period.  I don't even have to take pictures.  As a result, sometimes - honestly, most of the time - our time here simply exists in our memories.  It is what it is.  I do manage to snap a few shots, but - very few.

14th - The ladies who are not doing back to backs have left as have a couple that ARE doing them.  It's quiet in the house and I'm having issues just being motivated.  Napping, relaxing, catching up on "stuff" all seem to be more appealing.  However, some progress must be made and I do get the big blocks finished for the Dawn's Early Light quilt-a-long that I am hosting.  

During one of my many furloughs from the room, Ramona has her sunflower TA-DA!!!  Such a fun one.


And just to show how very ambitious we can be (notice how I didn't say productive?), we have changed the library into a small movie theater and the goal is to see all 8 Harry Potter movies before we go home.  Can it be done?  Only time will tell.  OHHHHH, before we move on here, ya gotta know that setting this up was no easy feat and required a trip into Granbury for the purchase of a DVD player.  Yep, that's right.  Now, we own one of those too.  Let the marathon begin.   (Pssst - a little secret here -- I'm typing this on my new computer --- finally have her up and running.)

15th - After a REALLY good night's sleep, things are moving slowly this morning.  It's just visit time to the max.  The work room is almost empty ---- perfect.  Some are working as jobs still happen no matter how sad that may be. 


By late afternoon/early evening, machines are humming again.


Border progress on DEL  and some leader/enders in the process.  


Linda with a pillowcase and a quilt top TA-DA


Another movie today and just a general-all-around nice day.  Early to bed.

16th - My camera has really been sleeping a lot lately.  Thankfully, Ramona takes pictures now and then.  I think she and Linda are the only two actually doing so.  Another movie today and quiet sewing around the room.


17th - It's the last official day of Tweener Time and we haven't even walked down to the river.  I'm not sure just what is up, but it's a very quiet group.  We DO have a few TA-DA's today - 

Janet with her afghan TA-DA - 


Val's Bargello TA-DA - 


I finally finished my Dawn's Early Light top - (it's blurry, but oh well.)


Frieda's TA-DA

All in all, a good day.  Tomorrow we start with a full house again and it's another weekend of color.  Come back and see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment