Sunday, March 21, 2021

Color My World Retreat - Brazos House

 Here we go again - this weekend is Color My World and I am keeping up with the daily colors.  Today is WHITE.  Yes, in my world that is a color too.

As we await the arrival of new friends, a walk through the house highlights the fun from last weekend and the fun that will be ahead for those entering the doors.  Bring it on.


Frieda starts the day with some basket TA-DA's and Bobbi follows along with her Skinnie TA-DA


This time --- Debi is caught on the ground - not quite under the table, but still . . .


Betty has some pillow TA-DA's and Frieda is tearing it up today with another TA-DA


Linda has her string top TA-DA - we have watched this all week, it's wonderful.  It's movie time and then off to bed.


19th - Good morning - Ramona finishes up a beauty --- TA-DA (a bit blurry, but it's what I got)


The painting party has begun in the kitchen as the weather outside is just not cooperating this weekend.


Bobbi with her second skinnie TA-DA


I thought I would share this wall of skinnies.  The only one missing is Jen's --- left to right Kelly, mine, Samantha, Paula, Bobbi  (I had a picture of Jen with hers in last weekends post.)


Paula and Gwen returned from a local garage sale and the next thing we knew -- cars were loaded up and off we went.  Upon my return --- I had lots of oohs and ahhhs with the goodies I brought back.  This was THE MOST AMAZING garage sale ever.  Thank you, Paula, for locating it.


Garage sale treasures are being gone through everywhere and while in the library seeing Gwen's treasures, Val has her "My Week With Bonnie" TA-DONE!!


Diane with her egg skinnie - TA-DA


Room scene 


Janet with a TA-DA sweetie - 


Finally, a walk down to the river takes place only to discover that it is windy and uncomfortable out.  Drat it anyway.  Maybe next month we'll be able to have more outdoor time at retreat.




Barn Quilts are being finished up - Janet and Bobbi


Friday night -- game night.  Oh yeah, today is PINK for me and, yes, I went to the garage sale this way minus the hat.  Check out our color - 





This week, we have two advancements and both are turning EMERALD.  As I call Sam's name, she comes towards me with her tiara and then . . . 


Proceeds to turn her blue outfit into a green one, right before our eyes.




What a hoot ---- at last, the pinning can take place.


And the final touch --- her new tiara!!!


The second EMERALD tonight is Kelly!!!!  She has waited oh so long for this.  In a lovely green satin gown, and not to be outdone by Sam, I'm worried as she reaches for her zipper.  (I'm her roommate, you see, and the one who zipper her in a bit ago -- I KNOW what's under there.)  It's short-lived though and the pinning takes place, followed by her new tiara.


This is pure joy!!


Ahhhh --- my heart.


Door prize time ----- 


With that --- it's game time!!!!  I "think" most are looking forward to it, but . . . 


Duos - Janet and Diane


Betty and Lou


Sam and Kelly - you silly girl


Linda and Debi - (that's better)


Paula and Ramona 


Bobbi and Frieda


Val and I (For some reason I cannot locate my picture of Gwen and Bonnie)


Round one and the fat quarter bonanza goes to Bonnie


Fun taking place - 


Which then turned in to shock and joy as Debi wins the jelly roll.





And the last round goes to Gwen - another happy face.


Gather round for a group photo --- "maybe" everyone can be seen this week.  Back:  Gwen, Bonnie, Debi, Paula, Ramona, Frieda   Middle:  Diane, Samantha, Val, Linda, Kelly, Janet  Front:  Bobbi, your truly, Betty, Lou --- Now, it's movie time once again.  


20th - We are up and moving before the sun --- well, with the sun.  The decision was made last night to do another run to the garage sale.  I have everything crossed that the selection is still good.



Oh my, there is still just so much.  Let the buying begin.






By the time we depart, Gwen's trunk just can't hold much more.  It's packed all the way in and it's a really big trunk.  Wow.


Our car --- after we've been replenished with lunch.



Back at the house ---- as soon as we return, Frieda has a mondo bag TA-DA


AND, I spot these lovelies on Linda's table.  THIS will be a mini-class in May.  Love them.


Diane has a barn quilt TA-DA


Out on the front porch, Debi and I spot something odd.  Girls must play.


Finally, the weather is decent and I have a large barn quilt to get done.  It's time to start.


Room - 




Janet's TA-DA --- this is all hand done -- so cool.


Lou and Betty barn quilt TA-DA's


Debi's barn quilt TA-DA - so, so cute.


Ramona with a fat quarter bag TA-DA.  Pssst - we're doing these in May too.


After our final movie was watched tonight, we are actually doing a last night, last ladies standing pic.  It's about time to get back to normal around here.


Sunday morning and I have things I still need to finish.  Thankfully, an angel showed up last night and finished up the big barn quilt.  All that is left is touch-up and I can finish it at home.  One less stress buster.  I love ya Sammie.


Paula is still painting away, trying to finish her second block and I have my Grassy Creek center TA-DA.  It still needs borders, but progress is progress.


Lou and Betty have their skinnie TA-DA's - their embellishments ROCK.


And with that --- it's Brazos Out!!  See ya in April

No comments:

Post a Comment