Saturday, October 24, 2020

Journey - Clue 8


Roads and more roads.  Have we journeyed enough so far?  Let's take a break and just look at the stars in the sky.  That's important too, right?  


This week, we'll make some stars of our own.  Please READ ALL THE WORDS before starting as it can save so many mistakes further along.

This Garden Patch Variation block is shining down on us.  

Block B - Make 40

First you will need to cut 80 - 3 1/2" neutral squares.  It's the same process as in Block A.  Once you have those cut, gather up your Units 4 and 6.  


Here is your layout for this block.  PLEASE watch the direction of the four-patches.


As my usual, I have laid out all the blocks in stacks of units on a small design board.


I am going to work in rows again for this block and set to chaining the first row.


Once all the rows are complete, it's time to press - OUT from the center on top and bottom row -- into center for center row.  Yes, I managed to turn the design board and my four-patches are running the other way.  It's okay - turn your head sideways.


Flipping the first row down, all my blocks start to be finished.


Oooooh, I'm liking this.  Again, press out from the center.  I know - lots of little seams to get in the way once again.  It is what it is.


One they are all pressed, it's time to add the last row.


Chaining one right after the other and yes, I do pin at this point.


And use the same trick as last time.  Light and a pin to mark the point that I don't want to chop off AND line it up with the seam behind it.  See the shadow through the white.  That is the seam line for the four-patch.


Measure, measure, measure.  Is your block 9 1/2" square?


Oooooh, these are just so pretty.  I almost think I should go back to the top and change the orientation on the original layout pictures, but it is what it is.  The new Blogger is crazy hard to work with and I'm letting it lay.  Here are your stacks of lovelies.  Next week ---- we're gonna cut those long strips.  I'm sure you've been wondering about them.  Until then -- stay creative and please share your progress in our Facebook group.  Here is the LINK to get you started.

No comments:

Post a Comment