Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Unity Quilt-A-Long - Bonnie Hunter Mystery - Week 4

I woke before the clue this morning.  I know, right?  Like that NEVER happens.  The big change this time?  I didn't sit and hit refresh a hundred times.  I had started a backing yesterday and wanted it finished so that I could load the quilt into the long arm and, thus, the time passed quick.

The clue posted.  I pulled the stacks of fabric to the cutting area and went back to my backing.  By 11 in the morning I was ready to begin.  By 2:30, I was cut.  What the heck happened?  Did I get caught up in the show I was binge watching?  I have no idea but it certainly was a slow cut and my oomph (sp?) was gone.  I went out to load my other quilt and then called it a day.  Yep - my get up and go had got up and gone.  Tomorrow is another day.

And indeed it is --- Good Morning.  I want to title this entry "All in a Day's Work" for that it what happened, but I'm getting ahead of myself.  How did it all play out?  I am really full of questions right now. Hmmmmn.  Perhaps this quarantine is really getting to me and I NEED someone to talk to.  I guess that's you.



At any rate, I started in on HST's.  Lots and lots of HST's.  So many that I somehow thought I could be creative with my picture when the LONG chain was complete.  It didn't happen but I should at least get points for trying and I'm sure - entertaining the neighbors as I ran around the back yard in my jammies. 

Yeah -- it is what it is.  Cue the music, "I'm just a lonely girl, lonely and blue."

Okay, okay ---- I 'm moving on. 

Now to spend over an hour simply pressing and de-dog earing.  OMG, I think that must be a new word.  I don't know, but my trays are ready.


Out to the sofa to watch a show while stacking up all my little blocks for webbing.


How high's the stack, Mama? 


And away we go.  Webbing, webbing, webbing --- keep that machine a webbing -- sew on!!!  Who got Rawhide out of that? 


Several HOURS later, I have little stars.  Well, bigger stars than last week, but cute little stars all the same.


Now to get them into shape for yet again, another border on our quilt.  I may call this "Quilt of Many Borders."


And just like that --- this week is a wrap.  Woohoo.  Now to go and get some quilts actually quilted this week.  At least that is the plan.  Plans change though --- I've learned that only too well the past months.  Until next week --- chin up and carry on y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment