Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Unity Quilt-A-Long - Bonnie Hunter Mystery - Week 3

Monday brings another segment to our Unity medallion quilt that Bonnie Hunter has created for the world to enjoy.  This week, I'm not as distracted and able to quickly search out the parts and pieces that I need from my Scrap User's System.  It is just so helpful to have the strips already cut.  There are enough small pieces to worry about and although I woke early and got a very good start, it still takes me until noon to have all the stars cut and unique.  Goodness but that is a lot of different fabrics.



My afternoon fun consists of flying geese ---- so many little tiny flying geese.  I am reminded of Wanderlust and our beautiful stars way back then.  When each star is different, the process cannot just be one big long chain and does take a bit of time . . . but . . . . these little bits turn into a tray full of cute little stars ready for final assembly.  These are really making my heart happy.


 Evening entertainment is just building a stack of stars so that I can web the whole lot of them at once.  And with that, I am calling it a night.  Tomorrow is another day (and in this post so keep reading).


 Hey, hey, hey.  I am rocking and rolling first thing this morning.  A woman driven.  A dog with a bone.  Obsession.  Call it what you want but these little units are going together and going together this morning.

I am also putting together units for another quilt-a-long that I'm involved in so it takes a bit longer, but by noon --- I am good to go.  You have to admit, these are just so cute and I'm holding tight to my pledge of imperfect is okay.  My seam ripper has not been used even once on this project so far.


Now to web the borders together -


And add them to the mother ship.  TA-DA --- Week 3 is complete and I am calling this day done as well.  There must be a brownie somewhere in my house.  See ya next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment