Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Good Fortune - Introduction - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

It's here, it's here.  I feel like a kid in a candy store.  So many choices, colors, and fun. It's time to play.  Well, alright.  It's time to start thinking about playing.  Happy Halloween to us!  (You can read all about it on Bonnie Hunter's blog at this LINK.)

The name of the mystery is Good Fortune --- I know -- you never would have guessed that without me telling you.  It's only in the title of the post AND on her picture.

The colors are bright and vivid -- almost reminiscent of Celtic Solstice, which I made two of.  Hmmmm.

I am at Lowe's by a little after 8!  Yep, no grass growing under my feet today.  Trying to be a good customer and showing gratitude for the fact that we are able to pick up paint chips several times a year, before going to the paint department I check out all the remaining fall decor.  It's unsuccessful, but I did try.  At any rate, my sweetheart is in here at least once a week while working on projects around the house.



Cards in hand, it's back to the house.  After all, its Halloween and I have a house to clean before company arrives tomorrow AND trick or treaters are tonight.


However, before starting in on the "work," I make a dash to the studio and pull some fabrics.  Houston is next weekend and my list is beginning.  If I am short on a color, now is the time to find out.


I'll pull neutrals later.  With orange being dominant, I am short on both yardage and selection there.  Onto the Houston list it goes.  I didn't touch strips, squares, or scraps that need to be tamed, but will pull from them as we go once I know sizes as the mystery progresses.  I KNOW there are lots of reds in the scrap taming bin.

I have all the rulers already, so forward we go.  Is is Black Friday yet?  Patience has never been a virtue of mine.

Remember that you can always locate my posts on this mystery by clicking the Good Fortune tab at the top of the blog.

UPDATE:  I am back from Houston and the selection of orange has drastically been enhanced.  Now, I REALLY need time to move.  (Bad lighting, I know, but you get the idea.)


UPDATE NUMBER TWO:  Another person on the Quiltville Facebook group posted some colors that I haven't been able to get out of my mind.  It turns out they are the same colors I am working with on another Bonnie mystery - Christmas Lights.  So . . . . long story short, after a stop at a quilt shop on the way home over Thanksgiving weekend -- I think I am going to make two this year - one in each color way.  Here is the second way - wish me luck y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment