Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Flower Mound Antiquing

With a quilt drop-off in Flower Mound as a task for today and a sweetheart who is off work, we are making it a "try a new quilt shop" moment.  It is actually in Lewisville and called the Antique Gallery.  What a fun place!  The first booth nets us a new rolling pin and Mister is pleased as it is a Foley and I have wanted one for a LONG time.  Check out these great alphabet block creations.  We are thinking grandkids could so something similar with just stuff we have at home.

A quick shout out to friends as well as  I spot sock monkeys and skulls, making me think Sherri, Stephannie, Ana, and Meri Roo.




I laugh at the next booth as I spot these glasses that I KNOW are still in my mother's house.  Yep, the red ones.


Some quilt fun -



The hexies on the chair above actually get laid out on the floor to see a little more.  Fun.  All hand pieced, of course.  No, they didn't come home with me.



A corner with fun irons - most in really good shape AND more red glasses, only smaller this time.

I have not sen very many sewing machines this go round, but the very next booth delivers on that count.  It is not one that I am interested in, but for those who might be, here's your lookie-loo.  We both liked the legs on the cabinet but not enough to bring her home.


More quilts -



Along with a Mini sewing machine and super funky iron.


I've decided that if I ever do manage to have a retreat center, I want items like this in each room.  I love them so very much and they just scream to stop and breath and check me out.  Not that I don't like indoor plumbing, because I definitely do --- I just like that they created this beauties to handle the necessities. 

In the same booth is this unique cradle.  How many grandmas out there just went - awww, and then worried about safety?  Somehow generations did indeed survive.  Right off the left behind the cradle appears to the matching crib.  Interesting for sure.

Irons and ironing boards are dotting the booths throughout the store.


Now, I'm not one for redoing treadles into other objects, BUT if the cabinet was toast and the irons still usable, this is a GREAT idea.  It is an old card catalog that has been mounted on the irons and covered with wood.  The card catalog is the perfect size for fat quarters ---  yes, I checked.  I really like this idea but the price was just a little wacko for me.  We did walk away with the rolling pin, a Fiesta butter dish, a door prize for a future Red Hat event, and a Princess bling pin for my hats.  All in all -- a fun stop.  Now to get that quilt dropped off.

No comments:

Post a Comment