Saturday, February 13, 2021

Key To My Heart Retreat - Brazos House

 2/10   The 2021 Retreat Season has officially begun and in a strange way.  The weather is supposed to take a nasty turn tonight and with an offer from the center, we can arrive tonight and hunker down.  I take full advantage - get the word out -- and hit the road.  There are no issues on the drive except I am in fog the entire way.  So crazy.  As I enter the drive to the house, I spot this tree in full bloom nearby.  The poor thing will not survive this weekend, if the forecast is at all accurate.  There are not as many taking advantage of the early arrival as I thought, but I use the time to set up the room, settle in, and watch as the decor comes to life with some help from Stephannie.

We have one TA-DA from Susan 

And that's really it.  My camera just didn't come out to play much through the day as we set up and visited with one another.  I will say that based on each person's entrance into the retreat --- this weekend is needed by many.

2/11 - Good Morning.  A quick walk around the building gives me a chance to see all the fun had decorating. 


We've had googly-eyes on food in the past and this time --- it's mustaches.  This is my wine and creamer.  Too funny.


Even the bathroom gets some love.


Ahhhh --- two retreats in one and the salad dressing --- oh so funny.  Paula came out, picked up the bottle with the pink and as she lovingly petted it she said, "I don't think this was here when I bought it."  Nope, no it wasn't.  


Back to the decor - 



Stephannie is even hard at work making treats for today.


Okay, okay -- you came here to see about retreat.  Well, that is all part of retreat too.  Right?  So at the top I showed a table before arrivals.  This is the another table after filling with fun-loving friends.


Val with a TA-DA


Scenes around the room - with the pandemic still in process, I am not taking the pictures I used to as I don't create albums in the quilt group right now.  My fingers are crossed that that will change soon and we'll be able to share all our fun once again.



Stephanie with a cross-stitch TA-DA


Amber's TA-DA


My TA-Da for the day is the creation of these units for Dawn's Early Light.  Now, I'm off to bed.

2/12  Friday already.  Slow down - and we technically had an extra day.  Argh.  Fun is happening in the kitchen at all times --- our shared meals have come together well and I love how each team works together.  


The mini project is a wall-hanging and Bobbi has hers done.  TA-DA


Beside me, Stephanie has the softest quilt every draped over her chair.  I LOVE it.


Val with 2 more TA-DA's -- she's rocking it.



Here comes trouble - literally.


I'm busy cutting Farm Girl blocks when Paula starts to holler for help.  She has managed to put her sewing machine needle through her finger and it takes Sam and I quite awhile to get it out.  I feel so bad for her and the whole time I was on the backside of the machine and just couldn't help like I wanted to.  Sam did an excellent job freeing the finger and getting her bandaged up.


It's Friday - so game night!!!  This is one spot that a LOT of pictures were taken and I'll share as many as I reasonably can.



First up - we have charms to award for those who accomplished a completed BINGO card in the Facebook group at least ONE of the months that we did them.  No one is real sure what I'm getting ready to do.


Four of us this time --- others will receive theirs as they attend various retreats.  Congratulations to Kay, Cindy and Paula.  Oh and me -- I did it too.


One advancement and she's oh so ready - Miss Stephanie is EMERALD!





We do several door prizes and then it's time for the game to begin.





I stop part way through the first round to take the doubles pics.  Oh, I really need to slow down a bit - I'm so sorry for the blurry ones.

Terry and Amber


Crystal and Sam


Kay and Cindy


Stephannie and Jennifer


Mindy and Stephanie


Paula and Bonnie


Susan and Bobbi


Val and I


Back to the game



We have a winner -  Stephanie takes the fat quarters.


And then - I just don't know what happened here and am pretty sure I don't want to.


But it sends Crystal (close after surgery) into a fit of giggles that her sister running for a tummy pillow before she actually has to leave the room.



Oh - it's on!!!  (Everyone remember that I'm walking with dice, not taking pictures.)






Last two - who will it be?


PAULA!!!!


Picture taking fun - she must have one too.


The other end of the circle has not be supervised again.



And away Crystal goes again.



The winner of the last round is CRYSTAL.  That seems right after what she's been put through tonight.


I'll leave you with this picture of sisterly love.  Well, not leave the post, but the games.


Before everyone can change --- group picture time.  I really miss our posed pictures but it's hard to get them during COVID.  I'll think hard on this for March.  You figure out the rows - I'll just name the wonderful women:  Cindy, Terry, Val, Stephanie, Mindy, Stephannie, Susan, Kay, Jennifer, Sam, Bobbi, Bonnie, Paula, Crystal, Amber and yours truly.  This is just so good for my soul and I thank you all for being a part of my life.


Hmmmmm


Terry has her mini project TA-DA


I'm about to head to bed, but I'm wondering where someone is.  A peek in the library shows me - 


2/13 - The weather is really taking a turn for the worse.  It is DANG cold out there and these are the only two pictures we have of the river by one brave soul who ventured out - Stephanie.


With the constantly degrading weather forecasts, the decision is made for several to take off today and hopefully miss the horrid roads.  It's sad, but next time we'll have extra fun to make up for it.  

NEWBIES (notice the emphasis on that word) ---- we were so glad to have you join us.  Welcome to Amber, Bonnie, and Crystal.


People are trying to finish up as much as they can and postpone the departures as long as possible.




Our table has decided to stay and see what happens.  No packing happening here.


Just for reference, it's still morning here.



I've decided on a walk around the room to share with you all the vintage ladies that came to visit this times.  It would be really fun to have a Featherweight/301 retreat sometime.





Sam with mini project TA-DA - She comes running up and say, "Charm Me."  I will absolutely do that.


Paula makes an appearance in the kitchen with her own TA-DA


Not long after this, with declining weather reports, the decision is made for many more of us to depart.  Stephanie, Cindy, and I don't fall until around 4:30-5 after we convince Val to get on the road.  It is then a crazy flurry of action to break down the center and hit the road.  We are out by 6 and very sad that this is happening.  A quick Brazos Out picture as we are literally running out the door and well, you get what you pay for - so to speak.  Two unhappy girls already counting the days until March.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment