Sunday, December 27, 2020

Grassy Creek - Clue 5 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

 Happy Day After Christmas!!  My wish is that all had wonderful day in whatever form that means.  For me and my sweetie --- it was quiet.  Very quiet!  However, today is a happy day as we receive another step in the Grassy Creek Mystery.  I am so ready to cut.  We have some chores today so my first bit of time only allows for the cutting, but it goes pretty quick and I'm thankful to be able to use of LOTS of the bits left from previous clues.



The chores?  They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  All of those lower bags (2-3 deep) are full of leaves and our trees have been empty for weeks.  Somehow all of the neighboring trees deposit in our yard too.  Ugh.


Now, back to the fun.  Strip sets get going.  Due to using a constant green, I am able to just add neutral strips as I go.  

Since the parts for the geese are also cut, I work in sections.  First the strip sets, then the first wing, then the third strip to the sets.  It allows for almost continuous chaining.  Some time at the iron show the fun going on.


Followed by a little cutting and I have this tray full of fun.  I'm ready for final seams in both the nine-patches and the geese, but a quick trip to the lake takes precedence.


As I rounded the corner on the pier, I just caught the last remnants of sun.  So beautiful and if you wish to see all and hear all, click on this Waterflowl Sunset LINK which is a post in my personal blog.


Pardon the interruptions.  Back to the clue.  It's after 10 at night and I want my seams sewn before bed.  Sewing by the glow of the tree is just so pleasant each year.


By 11 -- all my units are made and pressed.  I still need to clip dog ears but will tackle that first thing in the morning for the eyes are burning and saying good night.  (Keep going -- not the end of the post.)


An early morning rise --- lights on and simple snipping has my clue finished and ready for whatever comes next.  I hope you have found little moments of joy this wee along with some productivity.  It's just so good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment