Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020 Finished Quilts

Each year, as I age, I am in awe of how quick the year passes.  This year, even with all of it's challenges is not any different. Zoom!  Even with all the trials, I cannot complain.  I have a sweetie who loves me and is just so dang supportive.  What more do I really need?  Perspective -- such a great word.

At any rate, I didn't finish as much as I had hoped this year, but I'm still please and there is always 2021 to keep on working the list down.

January - My youngest grandson is getting a "big-boy" bed and needs a quilt.  Gammy to the machine.



While I was at it -- a pillow sham to match.




I have a great-nephew making an appearance in Montana.  He needs a quilt too.



Smith Mountain Morning - This was started in a class back in 2014 and finally made it to the top of my list.  It turned out so nice.



February - I tackled a stack of my old jeans in 2019 at retreat and finally spent time at another retreat making this rag quilt.  LOVE IT!! 





March - Jamestown Landing which was started in 2013 in the second class I took from Bonnie Hunter.  I even took a second class on it a few years later and can finally declare that it is finished.




April - I hosted a quilt-a-long in my Facebook group, Our Quilt World, to tackle another UFO of mine.  This one is not quite so old, but I do love how it turned out.  This is Idaho Square Dance by Bonnie Hunter.


Soooo many backing leftovers from previous quilts.  Ribbons of Love and En Provence to name a couple.



Another blue and white quilt -- Talking Turkey is more like a Frozen Turkey, but I'm super happy with it and so thankful to be finished with those borders.




Frolic is this years Bonnie Hunter Reader Appreciation mystery and the way it worked out left me with a TON of remaining pieces --- Shams it is.


An old Row by Row found its way here too.



On the bed in full glory.


May - This Ohio Star quilt is one of the few remnants from my early days.  This was cut in 1995 and saying it was cut is a misnomer as all strips were torn.  With much patience, it came to fruition over the past few years and I'm so glad to have stuck with cross-hatch quilting as I truly to love this and it will be on my bed for Christmas this year.



June - At retreat in Kaufman, my only goal is to put three quilts in the done column.  The first up is Unity -- the Bonnie Hunter mystery presented as a way to work through the chaos that we find the world in right now.   (It was actually gifted to my daughter at Christmas.)  I quilted the word "Unity" throughout it as a reminder.





Carolina Crossroads #2 --- all in blues and greens.  Another group quilt-a-long, I made 2 in order to put a small dent in my shirting tubs.  Very small dent.   Solid plaid backs so no pics.



Carolina Crossroads #1 - Oranges and browns.



August - I DID IT!!!!  My Whims "Rachel's Christmas Cards" is finished and ready for the holiday decorating season to begin.  I did this over the past two years as a Quilt-As-You-Go project and am happy with the result.




September - A new granddaughter on the way -- Baby shower coming up.  Quilt required.  This is for Mariel.  Solid pink minkee backing.



October - The first of my skinnie collection.  This was presented as a project at retreat.  The Skinnies are by Ribbon Candy.  Such a cute wall-hanging.


This year's mystery - Journey -- seemed apt due to our year.  I loved designing and running this mystery.  So happy with the finish and "Journey" is quilted throughout the entire border one time right after the other.  This will be on my bed for the new year.




November - A tricot quilt for Mariel.  All handstitched except attachment of the binding.


Retreat skinnie for November -- another by Ribbon Candy.


December - Skinnie wall hanging by Ribbon Candy -- added to the red/white decor for Christmas.



January's wall hanging skinnie -- by Ribbon Candy.  I'm a month ahead now.


That's it for this year.  I made it to 20 but kind of cheated a bit with the wall hangings and various baby/smaller sized items.  I'm okay with that.  Onto 2021 and my list is already in place for it.  I WILL have a few finishes in January/February.  See you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment