Thursday, November 15, 2018

Prep For Retreat

Brazos Golden Globes - A Night at the Movies is about to get started.  The committee is arriving today for a day of decorating and setting up.  I'm the first one in and once the tables are all just how I want them, out come the chair backs.  Well, dang.  I kinda like how they look.  (Patting myself on the back here.)




When Debi arrives, I am finally able to give her the birthday present that I bought for her.  I am so thankful to Mindy for finding and quilting it for me -- the rest of y'all saw me working on the pillow itself.

Sherri arrives and has the concession stand in tow.  Oh my goodness what a great job she has done.  The popcorn machine along is just too fun.  She even runs a sample batch through so that we all can sample how it works.  So, so good.  This will be a hit, I'm sure.


Meanwhile, I am working on the ceiling.  This really long decoration is put up over the center row of tables and as I walk along the table tops, much wailing and gnashing of teeth occurs around the room.


It's not the best picture, but here is a close up:


And the room is coming together, bit by bit


I've even managed to get my corner put together and ready for the weekend.


More concession stand work



Val takes on some of the ceiling decorations and once again, all the worried voices can be heard.  I love that we all care about each other so much.  I DID bring a step stool but for some reason it just doesn't get to where we need it -- which appears to be over tables.  Swag bags are filled and placed on the tables.  So much thanks to those who donated to them.  Many hands make light work and less pocketbook stress too.


The next morning -- entrances are marked -



Signs are added and the final touches put on each area.

We have some really cute clipboards that get filled out and placed around the room, too.  I don't know if everyone will notice all the detail, but I love it so much.  Take 99,999.  Perfect.



Our Bingo queen is set and ready to go.  We are dressed and almost ready for action around here.  One last trip around the room for pictures -- we have red carpet and stanchions.

The selfie station is up and ready for fun.  I need to tell myself to remember to play here but pictures are still an issue for me -- hopefully next retreat will be better.  All the doors tell which stars' dressing room it is as well.



The kitchen and even the powder room have received little bits of decor.  The backdoor (Kay's entrance) is aptly done too.  We even have filmstrip running the lengths of the tables but somehow my camera didn't get those pictures.  I have no idea what happened there as I do remember taking the pictures.  Crazy.

Even my sweet Mister has been remembered and has a snack basket ready for his arrival on Saturday.

Stephannie even made microphones for our Paparazzi.  How fun are these???  I love them so much and just know everyone will play throughout the event with them.


Time for a couple of committee pictures.  Love these people just oh so much.


Fun times and my geeky smile.  Someday  . . . .  Now, let the party begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment