Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Keaton Quilts Spotlight - New York City

 We are in New York City and I always try and find a quilt shop when we travel.  This one was challenging.  Keaton Quilts may just be the last quilt shop in New York City.  Due to high rent costs, it's almost impossible to stay in business and in trying to do so,   They have an amazing history - go in and meet Justin Stafford.  Oh and Google them - so, so cool.

Here we go --- up to the 8th floor of 150 W 28th Street.



The minute we open the door, there is a hub bub going on.  Local guild members are there and working on charity projects.  We do visit with them for awhile and I could so enjoy spending some time up here sewing away the day with these ladies.  Most have small spaces at home, so they can have quilts long-armed here or do them on their domestic machines.  Of course, they can always send them away to be finished as well.


Peek around the shop.


This is a store pattern.  It is called East Village Vibrance and I LOVE it.  I wish I had even a small space in my luggage, BUT - they told me that they also have an online presence and will ship.  Hmmmmm.


One last look before we have to go ---- PLEASE check them out if you are in New York City - especially if you live there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment