Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Brazos November 2023 Tweener Time

 Welcome to Tweener Time!  Normally, this is a quiet time and we have only a handful of people staying as it is too far for them to travel home.  However, this time is different as we are being treated to a One Block Wonder class from Cindy.  It starts on Tuesday, so we DO have Sunday afternoon and Monday to be relatively quiet.  We'll see how it goes.

Once the house empties out as much as it is going to, I decide to take up some real estate and try to lay out one of my Civil War quilts.  Thankfully, I get help or it never would have happened.


Not as many bodies in the room.  


Lori has a TA-DA


Ramona with a neutral TA-DA 


Dinner at Pastafina's.  This has become a Tweener Tradition.


Outside the house upon our return. It's an early night for me tonight.  Need to rest up when I can.


13th - This is the first thing I see int he morning.  I'll admit, I'm stumped and wonder if Cindy arrived early and started decorating.  Nope - turns out Gwen spilled coffee on her strips and had to wash them.  Alrighty then.


Frieda has a knitted TA-DONE.


Since Linda and Tonia are not staying through to next weekend, Angie gives them an early mosaic class.


And they have TA-DONES!


Linda also has a little TA-DA


Gwen's treats.  The table runner was gifted her by Sam and she made her candy cane.


TA-DONE for Sherri.


Last ladies tonight.  We made it a little bit later.



14th - I'm so sad to say good-bye to these two, but I must.  Safe travels back to Arkansas, my friends, and we'll see you in May.


The One Block Wonder class begins and our first task is to pin all of our panels together in EXACTLY the same place.  So, so much fun.



There are bodies working all over the place - main room, dining room (where I chose to do mine), and even the library.  Some work on other projects and we all are loving life.  Well, truthfully, the ones doing the pinning are not really loving too much right now.  I get mine all pinned and cut the strips.  Woohoo.


After strips come triangles.  





THAT was a full day, even though it may not seem so.  Night all.


15th - As we are chatting today, I shared a quiz that I sent to my kids and the ladies wanted copies to send to theirs as well.  Some of the answers we all got back are FABULOUS!  If you'd like to play too, here ya go:



Today is also decoration day.  We have the anniversary retreat to prepare for so --- bring it on.



We're on the hunt for wings tonight and since the brewery is closed, we are trying a new place in Granbury, Wings Etc.


Most of us chose this option - 


And the wings were wonderful.  It's a winner.


A few chose a different option and went back to Pastafina's.


The house is ready, we think.  Take a peek.  The tiaras were made by Cindy and are incredible.  One for each person.









Stephanie has a TA-DA


And we call it a night --- onto the next retreat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment