Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Grassy Creek - Clue 7 (Part 2) - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt Reveal

 

I ended Part 1 of this with, "I'll see ya next month Grassy Creek."  That was in the middle of January.  I think I was a bit off in my analysis even if I give myself a mile and say that's when I would get back to it.  It takes me until March and retreat to make progress once again.  

3/21  Webbing away in my little corner of the world, I do manage to get the center completely put together.  Yay!!!  

3/24 Home again from retreat and wanting to make some more progress on this.  Laying it out on the floor --- I'm moving onto borders.



But - to be honest.  It's struggle for me and even takes a call to a friend to figure them out.  Thank you Ramona.  I've got it now and get the pieced border sewn, but am out of time today.


3/25 -- Border time.  The inner and outer strips are sewn together and ready to go.  I've opted out of the strings this time as I didn't put them in the rest of the quilt.  While I'm at it -- binding is made too.


3/29 --- Let's get this top finished.  I CAN DO IT!  Twelve seams and all borders go on quick and easy and I'm loving the look.


My little label went together along the way as leader/ender project.  


All I need now is the backing and I've thrown together a few pieces to get started, but I'll need more.  It won't happen today.


3/30 - It's the last day of the month and I'm making progress.  Some of the parts have been put together but I'm still looking for at least one more Row by Row to add in.  It's being appliqued and will promptly appear here.


4/5 - I've finished up the piece I want and located some yardage to fill in and complete the backing.


As soon as I had the last piece in hand, I went straight to the backing and put the rest of it together.  It may not look like much here, but I really like it in person.  The outer fabric is white with four leave clovers.


I am ready to quilt.  I am going to Quiltville later this month and am hoping to hang this over the porch rail.


4/13 -  She is loaded and ready to go.  Unfortunately -- the long arm isn't.  That's right -- the motor sensor has gone out.  I am just oh so sad.


4/14 - I've had to remove the quilt from the upper part of the frame and pack up my machine to go to the doctor.  She definitely won't be back in time for the trip to Virginia.  It is what it is.

6/18 - Yep, you've read that right.  TWO MONTHS and my machine has finally returned.  The trip to Quiltville was amazing and there are MANY blog posts about out time there if you wish to check them out.  

9/15 - I had a bit of a rough summer and really, really lost my desire to sew.  June and July were pretty much a wipeout.  However, in August I got my mojo back working on items for a new baby and I need to quilt the baby quilt.  Grassy Creek is still hanging out on the machine.  I guess that means it's time to fire up my Babylock and make some magic once again.  One thing -- it's HOT out and no A/C in here so I'm only good for about two passes.  I'll be back.


9/16 - Two more passes and the top is off the floor.  Making progress.


9/17 - I'm going to push through today and finish this up.  It's a bit cooler out and I REALLY need to get the baby quilts loaded.  YAY!!!  She's coming off the frame - quilted in lots and lots of swirls.


WOW --- I cut that backing close.  The inch and a half that you see at the bottom of the picture is all that remained.  


9/27 - After a few days to get baby quilts done and in the mail -- I would really like to get the binding onto this and start the hand work.  Today, I find a bit of time to do just that.


It's on!  Now for a needle and thread.


Two sides this evening --- will finish tomorrow.  I LOVE this part.  It's quiet time with my quilt -- the last we have together and enjoying each stitch is so important to me.


9/28 - Two more sides stitched down today and she is TA-DONE!!!




We are DONE.  This was a great mystery and I love it all --- even with the time gaps.  Now, I only have to wait about a month for colors to be released for this years adventure.  Bring it on.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen a lot of the Grassy Creek finishes but I do think yours is one of my favorites. Great colors even if some are a bit different than the paint chips. Yahoo for the TA-DONE. rjc2camat gmaildotcom- CaBobbie

    ReplyDelete