Monday, December 31, 2018

A New Theme



Howdy Y'all! Good Morning and Happy New Year's Eve to one and all. This past year we have been finishing UFO's. Many chose not to purchase new fabric so they wouldn't be tempted to start additional projects that would become UFO's. I attempted that as well. Note the word attempted. At any rate --- I release myself and anyone else who tried not to purchase a lot of new fabric. For one day! (Did that make you smile? --- It's like eating potato chips --- one will just not work.)

Hahahahaha! Shop like a wild woman today if you feel the need --- tomorrow is a new year and with that comes our new theme.

When is the last time you saw me post on being in the studio sewing? Right? It's been awhile. Why is that? Well, because I keep losing it to the chaos. However, I have had a epiphany and have decided to pass it along to everyone else.

Working on the Bonnie Hunter Good Fortune Mystery allowed me to discover that I didn't touch a single piece of yardage. I have used long lost strips, strings, and cut off pieces from other quilts. It's been crazy and so while at it I have also been going through each box/tote/drawer/baggie/etc. that can be found. Even old projects were opened to determine at just what stage I left them so many years ago. I lost the living room the day after Christmas and expect it to be gone for at least another couple of weeks for this project to complete. (Does that mean I found the studio? Oh my heck no, BUT I have been systematically emptying it out and returning crisper, cleaner bins that are not overflowing. I KNOW what is in them.)



So what does this mean? Well, for me I am going to embrace the fact that I am a fabric hoarder. I'm going to enjoy each minute of it. I'm clearing out what I KNOW I won't use and the What Was I Thinking? stuff to pay it forward for new fabric hoarders that are just beginning to bloom. Nice, right? (Shhhh --- enabling is fun.)

The etc. at the top? A clue to the 2019 group theme, of course. So . . . . . (drumroll please) . . . .




That's right!  Wrap yourself in it.  Breathe it in and out.  Live it.  Then tame it.  I know, I know -- those last few words weren't near as much fun, BUT I have a hunch it is going to give me even more time to sew.  How many accumulated hours did you spend this past year searching for something?  Did you find it?  I have found things this week that have been missing for a LONG time.  It's okay.  They're like old friends you get to see again and the love is still real.

How is this a FUN theme?  Simply because embracing the chaos means to stop fighting it.  Stop fighting the swirl around us all the time.  Go with it.  Enjoy it.  Be a part of it.  EMBRACE it.

Admit things and move on.  Need help -- here's my own version.

I am this!

This happens to me!


I can even find medical studies to back me up:


I've done this:


I am an addict -



So, for 2019 --- just be you!  Perhaps a slightly more organized you so that more calm can happen while the chaos swirls around, but if that doesn't work for you ---- then just embrace that chaos.  Add to it.  Sew from it.  Surround yourself in it.  For myself, I am going to just find my comfort zone over the next couple of weeks and then:


So what did all this say?  Nothing -- absolutely nothing.  It's a chaotic, rambling post.  Embrace it.  And go shop.  I'm going to.

10 comments:

  1. Organization is good for me! Enjoy the process and you will be surprised what you find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's good for everyone. However, that does not always equate to fun. I'm knee deep in fabric and my sweetheart believes it is getting worse, not better.

      Delete
  2. Hallelujah! You're speaking my language!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!! Embrace it and go forward with a smile on your face.

      Delete
  3. Love it! Finally a challenge I can get into!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Channel the voice in Waterboy and hear me --- "You can DO it." LOL -- Don't worry, be happy. This next year just needs to be FUN so we can all heal from 2018.

      Delete
  4. You definitely had me laughing as I resonated with so many of your "sayings"! As for me I've been taking a stab at reducing my 500+ music CD collection down to binders without the crystal boxes so that I'll have room to put my magazines and patterns and have more room for my fabric in my actual quilt room! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! I had myself laughing as I was writing that rambling mess. It really said nothing. Truly, but that's the beauty of it. Let's have a year enjoying life and perhaps getting a bit more organized while we do the things we love -- like shop.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete